Pellets available, Augusta Me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Drove by WalMart in August @ 11 Am and saw several tons of Pellets out in front of the garen center for $287.50/ton Penningtons. Even more outback of the garden center.

I bet they don't have any now.

you could be right about the supply, but odd as it may seem, I didn't see any activity going on around the pellets either. I bet a call to WalMart might help should someone be interested.

A week ago Lowe's had Green Team, limit 1 ton.

We drove by WalMart again this evening, about 7:30. I counted 20 tons out front and that much again or more out on the side of the garden center. Only saw the price spray painted on the each ton. Don't know of any limitations.

In the past couple weeks, I've seen pellets in the Portland area at Walmart, Lowes, Home depot & BJs. Price is on the high side ($6.00 a bag or so), but there seem to be plenty around. I haven't checked Paris Farmers Union, but they were already that high in August.

The supply issue appear to be working themselves out. My old man picked me up two different types two bags each in central Maine this weekend. He said there seemed to be no shartage in that area

There are pellets around here. You just have to call around.

Status
Not open for further replies.