pellets available boston area ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Buck

Nov 15, 2008
Dedham ma
hi I cant' seem to find any pellets in metrowest boston area haven't run out but just looking. Last two pallet I picked up at home depot in bellingham 259.00 ea they had softwood freedom fuel or hardwood Pennington they seem to burn about the same but the Penningtons have more fines so I have been sifting them and mixing with the soft wood I get a nice burn that way.

Attachments

• 2008_1130test0003 (2) (2).JPG
    2008_1130test0003 (2) (2).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 423
Alot of places around the area are getting in their pellets now but the prices
are still very high. Many feed stores and garden centers sell pellets too.

Its a hike, they got em a wallmart in Seabrook, Wolf hill in Ipswich, tedford and martin in Ipswich.
Thats if you ever get up to the North Shore.
What about Lowes down by where Kappys is on Rt 1? Thats a little more in your neck of the woods

You can try Royal Fireside in Uxbridge. I know they have pellets, I just don't know the price.

I called them in Oct when I was looking for pellets and they informed me that unless I purchased my stove from them, they would not sell me any pellets.

With the supply loosening up, they may have changed their policy...dunno.

Jim

I picked up a ton from Mc Cues in Woburn for $300. They cary LG soft and New England hardwood.

I had them delivered for $30.

I got mine a month ago....but might be worth a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.