Pellets coming and waiting for the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Well I'm like quite a few of you guys. I have an order for a harman Insert. The Dealer has told us Early October. Pellets orderd mid june from Pellet Sales and being deliverd Saturday. $269 +18delivery. The dealer is longtime Harman and usually very busy. Has a Great reputation around. I hope they do hold some weight. I am installing myself so dont have to wait

I just visit the dealer I ordered from in early June

He seemed candid and said I would recieve my stove in dec/jan time frame. He offered to refund my deposit and or allow me to order another brand, he also carries Lopi, Enviro and a couple others.

He said Harman was in deep do do and had a lot of stoves in their inventory last winter, early spring. THere wasnt much production and the planners there were selling out of the inventory. He himself sold and installed over 160 stoves in the spring and as he took orders duting late spring early June was promised delivery until someone at Harman realized they didnt have much left in their inventory to sell off and the current production wasnt going to keep up. He stopped taking orders at end of June.

He said harman spent 6 weeks revamping their pellet production lines and installing new equipment. Some equipment had been moved to other lines when the pellet market slowed down last year. They should improve their thru put as time goes forward.

I am about 20th on their list, out of about 50 sh for a P68 stoves and they were in the middle of contacting customers. He said about 1/3 so far were canceling and getting refunds, and a few others were going to come back and look at other stoves he carries and can get them into one sooner.

I asked if he was going to be able to install at a reasonable rate once he received stoves and he said he has 3 crews who work for him and that wouldnt be an issue.

I told him I was willing to wait and I would check back later next month for any updates and see where things stand. I have 5 tons of pellets so I should be all set assuming I get a stove at some point.

Guess I will be doing some more insulation projects to save a few bucks this fall.

Good for you. Nice precise Factual Post. If you had posted on another Thread, "Mr Webmaster" ,You probably would have been slammed with a "Harman Employee" Tag.
Obviously a little later than you had hoped, but as long as it works out. Good Luck
:)

camdids said:
Good for you. Nice precise Factual Post. If you had posted on another Thread, "Mr Webmaster" ,You probably would have been slammed with a "Harman Employee" Tag.
Obviously a little later than you had hoped, but as long as it works out. Good Luck
:)

Well that is the story I was told.

I think the problem with the pellet stove industry it is boom bust cylce. Probably difficult to automate the production lines and set up to eliminate wasted time in their process with limited capitol. I have worked in high speed manufacturing in the past.
Sounds like they are turning some manufactuing engineers loose to solve the problems. They shut down the lines for 6 weeks to work this out.

I hope they work out their kinks and get thru this. I assume going forward they should have a viable more stable business.

Good luck to you also.

Status
Not open for further replies.