Pellets consumed in a day?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by MCPO, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCPO

MCPO
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    OK now , I`ve read a few stunning claims where some folks are heating something like 1800 sq ft on 2.5 -3 tons of pellets and at least a couple claims to be getting two days burn out of a bag. I`m having a hard time believing the accuracy of some of these claims since my best is about 34 hrs on a 40 lb bag of premium pellets in a Harman P38 stove (smallest model) on it`s lowest setting of #1.
    I look at what a lb of pellets consist of (maybe 2 hands full) and the fact that it will burn for nearly 1 hr and produce warm air blowing constantly truly is amazing but 2 days from a bag sounds to be a bit of an exxageration to me.
    Harman literature claims a minimum of .75 lbs per hr but I just can`t imagine maintaining a flame at that rate and I can`t get my stove to burn that slow anyway as it`s already on #1 (lowest setting)
    Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Thank you,
    John

Collapse Signature Expand Signature

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. moralleper

moralleper
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    Kalama, WA
    in the coldest part of the year this year I would get 1 bag a day, average probably 1.5 days out of a bag. but that is not running constantly as my stove cycles on and off as the thermostat calls for heat.

3. Richardin52

Richardin52
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    A farm in Maine
    Right now I'm burning a little over a bag a day heating water mostly in my 4 unit apartment house. On week ends I use maybe two a day. This is not a real effcent way to run the boiler but I'm just playing around with my new toy seeing how it does.

Rich

4. Shooter

Shooter
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    Michigan
    For our 1800sq ft ranch and with the Quadrafire CB1200i I'm getting 3 days out of a bag of pellets. Oh, wait this is May.......

5. MCPO

MCPO
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    You can`t be actually burning the stove continually for those 3 days. I should have been more clear with my original post.
    My best is 34 hrs continuous burn from one bag.
    John

6. Shooter

Shooter
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    Michigan
    It's controlled by thermostat. I have it set to come on at 68 and shut off around 74. It's only going through 3 "on" cycles during the late night, nite and eary morning. Sun keeps the house at 71 for the daylight hours.

7. MCPO

MCPO
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.