Pellets Direct Furnace Grade Oak pellets $199.00 a ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, But I ran pellet's that were longer than so called premium in the BigE and didn't hurt it.

I also ran The Premier pellets in the Omega and there were close to 2 1/2 inches long(some of them were more like pencils). They were the ones that bridged the in hopper. I had to pull out the plate(baffle-screen or what ever you call it). The pellets seem to brake easy, So you're guess is as good as mine.

I'm kind of out of free cash (play money) for at least a week or two, I won't buy anymore for a bit.

In the morning I'll take what's left in the hopper and toss them in the BigE and see if it will run them. Just for sh*+'s and grins. I hooked the BigE up to the wood chimney so i can sell it. But I will play a little first. May help some others too.

Plus I can throw the corn in the Omega and play with that. I've never burned much straight corn before. Mostly a mix of 50-50. I'll update you on that if you wish?

jay

Yes, your experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks Jay,

FG.

jtakeman said:
I don't know, But I ran pellet's that were longer than so called premium in the BigE and didn't hurt it.

I also ran The Premier pellets in the Omega and there were close to 2 1/2 inches long(some of them were more like pencils). They were the ones that bridged the in hopper. I had to pull out the plate(baffle-screen or what ever you call it). The pellets seem to brake easy, So you're guess is as good as mine.

I'm kind of out of free cash (play money) for at least a week or two, I won't buy anymore for a bit.

In the morning I'll take what's left in the hopper and toss them in the BigE and see if it will run them. Just for sh*+'s and grins. I hooked the BigE up to the wood chimney so i can sell it. But I will play a little first. May help some others too.

Plus I can throw the corn in the Omega and play with that. I've never burned much straight corn before. Mostly a mix of 50-50. I'll update you on that if you wish?

jay

I put about 3/4 of a bag in the BigE this morning and its running pretty good. I do not hear any clunking from the auger. I think the 1 RPM(60 to 1 ratio) in the BigE has more torque than the 3 RPM (20 to 1) in the Omega auger motor.

Seems to be running pretty good. Good heat. I'll run them out and post any additional findings.

To anyone looking at purchasing these pellets. Please purchase a few bags before buying a ton. Try them. The length may be an issue for your stove.

But they are definitely worth a good try!

jay

Jay,

how far is it to Plainfield Ct for you? I was thinking if I decided to order from Pellets Direct we might beable to work something out. You'd just have to pick them up? we pay one delivery charge? I ordered from them a few years back and delivery was 60.00 for 2 tons. Gas is cheaper right now so I can't see it being any higher but you never know! A few other places to check is Pelletsdelivered.com which is in Franklin Ct and a new place I havent checked out yet is lppellets.com in Brooklyn Ct. Not sure without checking mapquest if you'd save any distance going to Plainfield vice Pellets Direct.

Tony

Tony K said:
Jay,

how far is it to Plainfield Ct for you? I was thinking if I decided to order from Pellets Direct we might beable to work something out. You'd just have to pick them up? we pay one delivery charge? I ordered from them a few years back and delivery was 60.00 for 2 tons. Gas is cheaper right now so I can't see it being any higher but you never know! A few other places to check is Pelletsdelivered.com which is in Franklin Ct and a new place I havent checked out yet is lppellets.com in Brooklyn Ct. Not sure without checking mapquest if you'd save any distance going to Plainfield vice Pellets Direct.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the offer, I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. I am trying different grains to see what I have for an alternative to pellets. I may get some pellets, But will not be untill fall do to lack of storage. I am jammed to my max right now. 3 tons in the basement and 1 in my storage(wood) shed. I picked up a ton of Energex earlier this week and don't have room for any more.

Again thanks for the offer. Maybe someone else will jump on your offer. Anyone??

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.