Pellets..Eastern Shore of MD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angler2184

Dec 17, 2011
OCMD
I have been burning presto logs from HD ($220), and they seem to be one of the hottest. Unfortunately i am running out and HD & Lowes in the area have no clue when they are getting another shipment. I have tried lignetics, but they do not seem as hot. Anyone have any other suggestions in this area?

Have you tried Elliotts Hdwr in West Ocean City? I get my Hamers from them. Also survival products in Salisbury, not sure what they have but should be good.

I bought the lignetics from from Elliott's. How much are the Hamers? Looks like survival products carries Wood Pellet Company (WPI) pellets for $235. Anyone ever burn these?

Lignetics makes Prestologs. Both are usually cheaper than Hamers. I like Hamers but the ton I'm working on now has given me problems so I am blending them with Prestologs. There's a Harman dealer up in Milford you could try--not sure what kind of pelletts he carries but he was stocked when I was there recently.

Just tried survival products and elliots...Elliotts is only allowing you to buy 5 bags(lignetics), and survival products 10bags (WPI)....Elliots said they should have a truck coming in tomorrow or saturday with O malleys. Home depot said they wont have any pellets until the 1st of March...

I have burned both Ligs and what your calling WPI this year, WPI was much better. The ligs were high in ash and not that hot. I've also burned Greenway Oak and AWF white pine, both of those are very high heat and low ash.

I used to burn the WPI from Survival Pro. They burned good but are cut longer than the Hamer's. My Enviro Mini likes the shorter pellets so I try to stick with Hamers, good heat in the Hamer's but seem to have a lot of dust in them this year.
There is a place called Fire Place Supply on 13 south of the MD/VA border, not sure if they have any left but may be worth a call. Those couple of cold snaps cleaned everyone out. Certainly not what they have had elsewhere but for around these parts right chilly.

Bob

Just found out home depot in Salisbury got a truck in of Stove Chow...going to grab them...

Status
Not open for further replies.