Pellets - Fireside Ultra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masterswimmer

Nov 15, 2006
Chester, NY
Saw them at HD. $224/ton. Not a bad price for my locality. However, never heard of the brand. Anybody ever use them? Results?
So far the ones I've liked best are the Energex I have left over from last year.

swimmer

fireside ultra pellets at HD are actually energex in disguise. I would buy them again if available. they do produce weird, jet black ash that sort of fuses although it does not clinker. Heat output was very good.

richg said:
fireside ultra pellets at HD are actually energex in disguise. I would buy them again if available. they do produce weird, jet black ash that sort of fuses although it does not clinker. Heat output was very good.

Thanks Rich.....will pick them up

I just bought 5 bags of these to try, getting less heat and more ash now.Ive been experimenting with different brands before I buy a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.