Pellets from Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The penningtons that I bought last year from HD are much different from the ones that I bought this year. They all burned well with acceptable ash production. Last year's pellets were lighter in color and full of fines. This year they were darker with almost no fines. Either way they burned good and I will buy them again. I've also burned pellet chow from HD... I don't see any difference.

Penningtons I bought last year from HD burned fine. Stove Chow that I bought this year had so much dust that my wife begged me to throw them out everytime I opened a bag (she would start sneezing horribly). They were terribly dusty and I would not recommend those (although burned fairly well - I've burned worse).

rmac said:
The penningtons that I bought last year from HD are much different from the ones that I bought this year. They all burned well with acceptable ash production. Last year's pellets were lighter in color and full of fines. This year they were darker with almost no fines. Either way they burned good and I will buy them again. I've also burned pellet chow from HD... I don't see any difference.

I agree rmac. This years penningtons cannot compare to last years. I bought 10 bags of penningtons this year to try....much much better. I have burned "blazers" from HD to this year and they burn awesome, plenty of heat. I bought 30 bags of NEWP and HATED them. Low heat and the burn pot filled in 12 hours time....sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.