Pellets have arrived

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
Well hubby is busy stacking our new 3 tons. This brings us up to almost 4 1/2 tons for the winter. Last winter we bought 4 and only went through about 2 1/2 but it was a mild winter here in Maryland. So we'd rather be prepared.

pellets2-1.jpg

This is the pile left from last year plus the first ton he's half way through unloading.

pellets-1.jpg

Reactions: Alex
I feel bad cause I was gonna help him but my niece is here today and being outside with 4 kids was doing more harm than good :) So he gets to stack in peace. Maybe we should trade jobs?

I feel bad cause I was gonna help him but my niece is here today and being outside with 4 kids was doing more harm than good :) So he gets to stack in peace. Maybe we should trade jobs?

Id stick with stacking, ha. good idea keeping the kids inside tho.

We will be getting ours delivered next week. Not sure if I should get 3 or 4 tons.
As this is our first year in this house, our first year with a pellet stove, I am thinking of going for 4 tons. Better to have too much than not enough? Right?
So, looks like a fun weekend is in store for me next weekend. Now, just have to find a place to store all of this.

We will be getting ours delivered next week. Not sure if I should get 3 or 4 tons.
As this is our first year in this house, our first year with a pellet stove, I am thinking of going for 4 tons. Better to have too much than not enough? Right?
So, looks like a fun weekend is in store for me next weekend. Now, just have to find a place to store all of this.
That was us last year. It was our first year and we thought based on our area and house size that 3 would be good. But got 4 just in case. Had a mild winter though, so having 4 + should be good unless things are really bad. Plus we are installing a thermostat this year which should also cut down on our usage.

Hubby and I were talking about it last night. Wasn't sure if we qualified completely or not ?

well, for sure you'd qualify if you came to my house and carried my 5 tons into the cellar.........

Have you applied or thought about the "Club"?
Hubby and I were talking about it last night. Wasn't sure if we qualified completely or not ?

They get my vote dex! Sign them in if you'd like. You might want to warn them on the other hoarders in the club(specially that bear from up north!) and something about a blue van parked in their neighborhood. ::-)

Imacman should be along with details on beer money. Fridge is gettin low again!

They get my vote dex! Sign them in if you'd like. You might want to warn them on the other hoarders in the club(specially that bear from up north!) and something about a blue van parked in their neighborhood. ::-)

Imacman should be along with details on beer money. Fridge is gettin low again!

Hey I'm not the problem I'm too old, OMV is the problem he shows up with a flat bed and forklift, end of pellet stash.

How many times do we have to correct you on what the dues are for? It supplies for needy pigs.

Briggsy13 welcome to the Club!!

As noted above, dues shall be collected at a later date when imacman arrives. Till then, add this to your Signature.

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK!
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves"-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club!

With all the new members this season, imacmans polishing up the blue van for a raid err a, I mean supplies run.

Welcome Briggsy13! Oink Oink! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.