Pellets How many?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in upstate New York, started burning in early November and have used 30 bags so far. Burning Cubex this year after using Dry Creek and Lingnetics for the past two years. I see today that Lowes has some manufactured by Lingnetics called something else for $215/ton. Lowest price I've seen around here. Most are $225 and up.

about 1 to 1 and a half bags per day on our eco 45. Changes with outside temp, obviously. We cant all really compare, as no two house are the same insulation efficiency, size, shape, etc.

Started burning 10/22 gone through 95 bags or nearly 2 tons. 2200sf older home without much insulation. Its been pretty darn cold around here for the last 6-8 weeks. Burning 24/7 house kept around 70-72 degrees. I got 1 more ton on the pallet outside, it looks like I will need to pick up another 1/2 ton to finish the winter out. 1st ton was Cubex some ash and a few clinkers. 2nd ton was Ambiance much better pellet more heat less ash and no clinkers.

Lets see.
Got 2 tons of NE Pellets in October.
First pellet I burned in my new Harmen Accentra
Just finished burning them last week.
A few clinkers and some serious ones when I did a full clean out.
Am currently burning Cubex. Approx 10 bags. No incident. Seem to burn cleaner than the NE pellet. But have only burned 10 bags...so not sure I really have a great sample yet. They are cut shorter than the NE pellet (for what's that's worth)

Started the season with 4 tons of Dry Creek + 10 bags left over from last yesr (next year Ill take a picture of the stacking job in the garage just to make the wood guys jelious lol)

ran a 10 bag trial on New England pellets didnt run bad but not as good as Dry Creek for me on a side note from what I understand New England has several plants so it very well could be a crap shoot on what you get from day to day

My wife works at our local Home Depot so she brought home 4 bags of Freedom Pellets ? dont know if thats exactly the name but it was pure pine almost white and cut very small probably better suited to being kitty litter also wasnt bad just burned up quick

by the way she called me yesterday and they dropped the price on the kitty pellets to 179/ton they have 20 some ton in stock

I have 125 bags left so with the trials I have burned around 2 tons to date keeping the living room 75 which keeps the rest of my 1200sq cape 70 or so the savings over fuel oil is mind bogleing

First season with a pellet stove. So far have burned 124 bags. NE Wood Pellets, Natures Own and Pennington. All good but Pennington which I will not buy again.

Harman XXV

We have burned like 66 bags since Dec 12 when we installed the little heat monster.It has been on pretty much 24/7 since then,only have shut it down for a couple hours here and there for cleaning and had a couple days when it was off for a 5-8 hour period due to nice days.The whole house is usually a comfy 80ish with the help of a couple fans .Cant beat the little energy saver.Last drop of fuel i got was 4.07 back in Nov.and havent used a drop of it and thats good.My father just got fuel last week at 4.10 a gallon.Just crazy

almost 4 ton of pellets and 6 ton of corn

62 bags since 12/7/07 it has been cold here. Furnace hasn't been used only to heat water tank. We keep it comfortable when home. 70 to 72, when at work and sleeping 68. 1400 sq house.

About 1 1/2 tons since November 4th. This is our only source of heat but we ran out of pellets a few times and had to use the gas furnace for a few days.

35 bags of Blazers.
4 bags of Lignetics.

Need to get some more tomorrow...

70 Bags, Started in Oct. I will use about 110 to 120 this year. Blazer, Firemaster.

1st year burning but I can forsee needing 6-7 ton next year
Instantheat pellets

We have two Harman Accentras, one in the house and one in the five-room office which used to be an apartment. So far, we have burned about five tons. Both stoves have been going 24/7 since the end of October except when I shut them down to do a thorough cleaning after each ton or so is burned (about once a month). I've been burning Corinth pellets this year because they were $225/ton delivered. Bean Enterprises delivers and will even stack them nice and neat in the garage. Nice fellows, too -- just the sort of guys you want to send business to. I'm thinking we're going to need to order at least another ton on top of the ton we have left in the garage, maybe more, depending how cold February and March turn out to be. I'm heating my hot water with oil still, and I get p----d off every time I get the bill, and I'm only using 18 or so gallons/month. I'm actually thinking about putting in a couple of electric hot water heaters. Saw in the newpaper today that Exxon made an all-time record profit last quarter of something like $40 billion. Meanwhile, I understand there are a whole bunch of Mainers who couldn't afford oil so they've been plugging in electric space heaters because they know the electric company can't shut them off in the wintertime. Come April, people are going to be in a real mess when they can't pay the thousands of dollars they owe the hydro-electric companies. I'm fortunate to own the house and the stoves so I have some flexibility in who gets my heating dollars. Shame on Exxon and shame on our senators and representatives for not investigating these record profits while people are living in a few rooms with space heaters so they can still afford to feed themselves. Sorry for the rant.

I've burned 2 1/2 tons since the middle of November.

My stove is on 24/7.

4 Bags of Homewood Softwood from Home Depot
2 Bags of LG
15 bags of Northern Bear Necessities

Started running my Drolet ECO-35 on 28 Dec 07 and I'm only running part time right now(when I'm home)

1/2 way thru my second ton. Burned 1 ton of Pennington and 1/2 ton of Somerset so far, since October 1st.

Sting said:
almost 4 ton of pellets and 6 ton of corn

Wow!

Where are you in WI? I am originally from Antigo. I know they've had lots of -20's already up there this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.