1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

pellets in ashpan

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by utahdl, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utahdl

utahdl Member

While I was at work my power had went off. When I came home I noticed a bunch of unburned pellets in the ashpan. I understand how it happened but am unsure as to why it happened. Any insight is appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. moralleper

moralleper New Member

Loc:
    Kalama, WA
    What make and model stove do you have?
  3. utahdl

utahdl Member

I have a harman p68 set on room temp mode.
  4. The Patriot

The Patriot New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Mass
    Did the power then come back on? How long was the power out? Did the fire start back up again?

The only thing I can think of is you had a good amount of pellets in the burn pot when the power went out. When the power came back on, the fire was out or almost out, the stove ran as if it was an initial startup. Since there were already a good amount of pellets in the burn pot (usually on auto startup there are none), the startup cycle pushed out some unburned pellets.

Probably nothing to worry about.
  5. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921

Like he said, probably just filled the pot to overflow and some trickled over the side. Sort of like a car flooding out. Nothing to worry about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.