pellets in central Ma.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westcafe

Oct 5, 2008
central, ma
Looking for some decent pellets in central Ma. Can only find Michigans and brown bag newps. Anybody know where I can get some lignetics ?

Good luck finding Liginetics around here in February. If you get lucky and find some, let me know.

This time of the year, grab what you can find.

jerry's hardware on Rt 12 on the west boylston/worcester line sells Lignetics. He doesn't sell by the ton anymore, (b/c people were using him as a warehouse for their pellets. first come first serve. he did have some last thursday though.... Recently I wanted an entire ton, so I was shopping around trying a few bags of many different brands here and there. I really liked the Barefoots I got from the Hardwick Farmer's Coop. $300/ton. I swear by Lignetics that they are the best, but these Barefoots a close 2nd. If you can't get the Lignetics, give the Barefoots a try....

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to get out there.

westcafe said:
Looking for some decent pellets in central Ma. Can only find Michigans and brown bag newps. Anybody know where I can get some lignetics ?

At least you aren't burning Maine Woods!!
The Stove Place on Rt 20 in Shrewsbury has all types and flavors of pellets in stock.
Last time I was there got 20 bags of Cubex..

Thanks for all the info! Going to Hardwick to get some barefoots. Jerry's hardware is all out and
expecting delivery soon they say.

Robbins nursery in Oxford Mass has about 10 different brands of wood pellets. Was there last weekend and it was somewhat crazy there!

They are located on Sutton Ave.

westcafe said:
Thanks for all the info! Going to Hardwick to get some barefoots. Jerry's hardware is all out and
expecting delivery soon they say.

I would call just to be sure they are instock. They stock them year round, but it never hurts to call to save some aggrevation if they are temporarily out. Though they had a whole bunch of pallets when I was there 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.