Pellets in for next winter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
Got them yesterday, had 3 ton of Hamers Hot Ones delivered they are all tucked away in the garage. Was going to go with Green Label Lignetics but after some advice on here and reading I went with the Hamers (did not try any before buying, only went on peoples input) Hope it was a wise choice.

3 ton at $219 per
Delivery $65
High lift to unload $20

May pick up another ton of something local just because.

The Hamers weren't as good this past season, good luck with them. Look at the bright side, Harma;) ns aren't pellet picky

Reactions: Defiant
<--- jealous. we have 5 bags left from this winter's stash and have to buy next years here and there in tons as we can afford to.

Heating oil....saw a sign today...$3.28/gal. That's still too high but a lot better than $3.89.

Not sure what oil is here, I need to find out how much i need for my garage. Would like to figure out a better way to heat it.

Reactions: Defiant
How about a pellet stove;) That's what I use:cool:

I thought about that but it is a big area cubic feet wise. 40 X 40 with 14 foot ceilings, it has a oil hot air system in now, and i had thought about some sort of boiler and putting a coil in the air box but not sure if the cost would be worth it, and then the needed room to store the added pellets. Was also thinking of a hard coal boiler or furnace.

shtrdave, I use a coal stoker stove in my 30x40x14 pole barn (uninsulated). The barn does get some sun during the day. When I leave the stoker running on fairly low level it keeps it between 50 and 60. I do have an extra Kodiak stoker. Let me know if you are interested in a deal.

Got them yesterday, had 3 ton of Hamers Hot Ones delivered they are all tucked away in the garage. Was going to go with Green Label Lignetics but after some advice on here and reading I went with the Hamers (did not try any before buying, only went on peoples input) Hope it was a wise choice.

3 ton at $219 per
Delivery $65
High lift to unload $20

May pick up another ton of something local just because.
no pics = never happened.

Reactions: will711
$3.14 for oil up here.

I know. Gonna fill up soon, that way ill have all my pellets and oil for next season.

Oil expected to go down another .10 - .20 cents by mid June;)

Oil expected to go down another .10 - .20 cents by mid June;)

Trying to wait it out. Did that last summer and I waited to long. Ended up filling at $3.33 instead of $3.

Heating oil....saw a sign today...$3.28/gal. That's still too high but a lot better than $3.89.

I just had a hundred gallons delivered yesterday and it was $3.39/gal. here in upstate, NY. Fortunately this amount and maybe 100 gallons in the fall will carry me through until next year around this time.

Dino juice user, !!! We feel your pain

Status
Not open for further replies.