pellets in N.E. Indiana

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icegatorman

Nov 30, 2013
indiana
I live in northeast indiana and just installed a pellet stove. At the advise of the wise people on this forum I decided to buy some bags of several brands of pellets to see what burned the best. Well after a lot of looking. All I could find are easy heat, pro pellets, and tsc brand. One definately burns hotter and cleaner than the othes two but I was curious if anyone else in the area knew of any other brands available without driving a day to find them

There are some hearth stores in Fort Wayne you can check. Start talking to your hardware guys ... as the population ages, pellet stoves are far more realistic for those folks that used to cut and stack;) Noticed this year that two more of our local hardware stores are now carrying pellets and Wal-Mart has had Trebios.

You can also check Agway and Tractor Supply stores. Some larger garden centers may carry pellets if they're open year-round.

Status
Not open for further replies.