pellets in philadelphia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezel8666

Feb 16, 2010
Phila,Pa
I have been on the net for months trying to decide on a pellet stove to purchase. I have been to a few dealers and also had a few in my home to give me an estimate.
I decided on the p-43 I have a small home and think this stove will do the job well.I just called pellets.com and they said they don't deliver to philly...I also had one of the companys that came out to give me an estimate tell me they would not deliver to my home(row home in phila.)are the trucks that big? Tractor trailers? Does anyone know who will deliver to Philadelphia?

I suppose they will be an option,but they don't have the best pellets from what I am reading on this site? I was hoping for a couple options.

rufusmom said:
I suppose they will be an option,but they don't have the best pellets from what I am reading on this site? I was hoping for a couple options.

Don't go by just what you see here....HD & Lowes have had a lot of different brands at different times. Call & ask.

If you have access to a truch, they have them in Montgomeryville. I just got a real good deal in Reading, about 1 hour drive, but worth it. 210/ton for Hamers

imacman said:
rufusmom said:

Don't go by just what you see here....HD & Lowes have had a lot of different brands at different times. Call & ask.

I agree with imacman. HD has Winter Warm(I haven't tried them but heard good reviews) pellets at times. Lowes carries Marth, Green Team, AWF, and Somerset. These pellets faired well in my stove.

Are there any TSC near you?

Thank you for the replys.My stove is scheduled to be installed in june,so I have some time but I was getting worried about not being able to find pellets.
I will call the home depot and lowes. Do they stock pellets this time of year? The home depot about a mile away doesn't even sell them. EVER. Suppose I may have to rent a truck.
Not gonna get very many in my carolla...

forya said:
If you have access to a truch, they have them in Montgomeryville. I just got a real good deal in Reading, about 1 hour drive, but worth it. 210/ton for Hamers

Where?

forya said:
http://www.fehls.com/wood_pellet_pricing.htm
they list the price on their site at 245 for hamers, but they are on sale for 210. they also have O'Malley's for 200/ton

If it were me, I'd be grabbing as many tons of Hamers as I could at that price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.