pellets left in the hopper.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
oversummer cause it was 1/2 full & i was too lazy to take 'em out. How can i tell if they absorbed any moisture (humidity) ? Got the mother in-law for the week & i'm gonna do the 1st fite tonite . ASAP on this one fellas. Hate to throw the pellets out . Thanks, Muss , the faithful pellet pig

muss said:
oversummer cause it was 1/2 full & i was too lazy to take 'em out. How can i tell if they absorbed any moisture (humidity) ? Got the mother in-law for the week & i'm gonna do the 1st fite tonite . ASAP on this one fellas. Hate to throw the pellets out . Thanks, Muss , the faithful pellet pig

just burn'em baby! :coolgrin:

If they absorbed any moisture they would haved swelled up, or turned back into sawdust.

I would just burn them, but if in doubt, mix them with some fresh ones and you should be good to go.

I leave a little bit in every year and have never had a problem.

Just burn them!

Same here, had about 1/3 left in and just burned them no issue. Humidity is no problem and you will get a ton of saw dust if they really fell apart due to water coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.