1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellets made by.....

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Mark_ms, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark_ms

Mark_ms Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY on VT Border
    a company in Granville, NY by the name of Telescope Casual Furniture. Has anyone heard about these? or what is the name of the pellet the do make? I have talked to a few different people at work and they have said that they have heard they were great pellets.
    Or is my leg being pulled??

mark_ms

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Stentor

Stentor Member

Loc:
    North of Boston, Mass
    Mark,

The standard advice around here applies. If you are interested, get a few bags and try them. Should be easy since it's only February and you'll be burning for a few weeks yet.

(You could then do a good deed and post your results here. :) )
  3. Mark_ms

Mark_ms Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY on VT Border
    I did call the company this AM. The pellets do not have a "name" per say. They sell direct from the furniture plant, where they are bagged at $250 a ton or $6 a bag. there are no distributers as of yet.

They are not open weekends so it may be next week before I get some.

Mark_ms
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

Pretty expensive for "no name" pellets that nobody has ever heard of before, IMO. Hope they burn great.
  5. Bigjim13

Bigjim13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Vermont
    Wow, I hadn't heard they were making pellets! The plant is not far from my house. I hesitate to call it a plant though, at least a pellet plant anyway. They make patio furniture. I guess the business isn't that great if they moved into the pellet world. I will be honest, that price does seem a bit high unless they are super premium. If you are going to spend that amount of money, drive a few miles farther and hit Vermont Wood Pellet Co. Great pellets @ $5.50/bag and $239/ ton. Good softwood pellet, I did a big review on them a few weeks ago, if you do a search I'm sure you will find it.
  6. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921
    That much for a no name brand pellet? Forget that you need to look elsewhere. If they are that proud of their product they deserve to keep it for themselves.
  7. Mark_ms

Mark_ms Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY on VT Border
    I did go up there today and yes it is a bona fide pellet plant in addition to their furniture operation. When I had called asked about the "brand name" the woman on the phone said they don't have a brand name. Actually the name of the pellet is Telescope Casual Pellets. (go figure).
    This is their first year of operation maufacturing pellets. When I to the shipping area to pick them up the guy there gave me a brief tour as to what was where. Actually picked up the pellets in the bagging area. he brought a pallet of pellets with a date of 1/11/10. The bags are a darkish brown in color. there was another pallet there with 5-6 green colored bags and I asked what they were, he indicated that they were grass pellets that they were experimenting with early last summer before they made the switch to wood.

As soon as I load them in the hopper, we will let you know how they are.

Mark_ms
  8. Bigjim13

Bigjim13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Vermont
    Definitely keep me posted since their plant is so close to my house. Apparently my wife had mentioned this to me about 2-3 weeks ago that they were making pellets, hardwood I believe. They took out an ad in our local weekly newspaper that gets delivered to all the houses in our area so that's how she knew. I completely forgot about her telling me and if pressed would have to say she never mentioned it at all, LOL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.