Pellets near port huron mi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

440rick

Jan 17, 2012
hi this will be my first post on hearth .com well any way i just purched my first home hear in june it came with a brand new installed usstove model 6039 well since propane is crazy ive decided to start using the pellet stove can anyone tell me the best place to find good pellets near port huron alittle travel will be fine also thanks Rick

I dont live in Michigan, but in most of the Northern states, the Big Box Stores carry Wood pellets (Home Depot, Lowes TSC, and even Wally World. But be careful in buying a large lot of pellets, as all pellets are not the same. They all say "Premium" on the bag. But some are less than average in heat and have lots of ash.

Test a few bags and see what your stove and you like.

You can also look in the Yellow Pages or Google local Hearth and Fireplace Shops
They will normally carry a good pellet because they are in the industry and know there customers want a quality product.

Welcome to the Forum. Hope that helps a little till someone in your area comes along....

One more little tid bit. . . Please read the manual. Front to Back a couple times. Understand how it works and why it does, what it does, and when it will do it. You are introducing Fire into your home. Be careful, keep it maintained (they do require maintenance at least weekly to bi weekly) and read a LOT here. ;-P

If you want to drive alittle here's one http://flint.craigslist.org/for/2797672830.html
Not the best but not real bad either have burned worse..Or you could drive to Menards
in Davison at Irish road exit sale this week $3.79 a bag had Somersets the other day.

ive been calling around theres a couple places around bens supercenter in brown city has somersets for 230 a ton

I used Michigan wood pellets in my 6039 last season and had great luck with them. With that stove you don't have to be to picky on the pellets. The best cure for any pellet you buy is to mix in 25% corn that will make any pellet heat like crazy. Clean dry Corn should be easily sourced around the area. Just play with the damper air adjustment on the front to get the cleanest/hottest burn with what ever pellet you use. Like mentioned by others read the manual and here for tips on fine tuning the stove for the pellets used.

I have two Stoves just not to confuse folks around here I also own a Englander 10-CDV

NOS Valves said:
I used Michigan wood pellets in my 6039 last season and had great luck with them. With that stove you don't have to be to picky on the pellets. The best cure for any pellet you buy is to mix in 25% corn that will make any pellet heat like crazy. Clean dry Corn should be easily sourced around the area. Just play with the damper air adjustment on the front to get the cleanest/hottest burn with what ever pellet you use. Like mentioned by others read the manual and here for tips on fine tuning the stove for the pellets used.

I have two Stoves just not to confuse folks around here I also own a Englander 10-CDV

Add the stoves to your Signature line. Click on Your Control panel at the top of this screen and then click on Edit Signature on the left side of screen.

Add stoves, pellets, famous or funny quotes, and any other Hearth related material.

Status
Not open for further replies.