pellets not burning fast enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davenar59

Hearth Supporter
Sep 27, 2008
plymouth ma
my englander stove is new, the pellets are being fed into the hopper fine, they are burning, but even on the lowest setting the pot is over flowing with pellets. the pellets are turning black then bright red, but more pellets fall on top and eventually back up into the auger. any help??

davenar59 said:
my englander stove is new, the pellets are being fed into the hopper fine, they are burning, but even on the lowest setting the pot is over flowing with pellets. the pellets are turning black then bright red, but more pellets fall on top and eventually back up into the auger. any help??

I had a similar problem last year with my englander. I would call tech support and have them tell you how to check the feed settings on the three buttons on bottom of control panel. I (or one of my sons) inadvertently pushed one of those buttons while turning on/off the stove, jacking up the feed rate. Pellets were being pushed thru the burn pot before they had time to burn completely. I had a a lot of black pellets. First I would check the outside air intake to make sure the little slots in the cover are clear, use a wire or stiff bristled brush to make sure the slots are clear. If there is not enough air blowing into the burn pot, this cam cause inefficient combustion. Let us know.

Not an expert.....but possible thermocouple problem. I had a problem with mine briefly and cleaned that area really good around it....worked fine after.

Status
Not open for further replies.