pellets not dropping?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Dawn

Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
my bottom auger is turning, and occasionally a few pellets or dust will drop, but not enough to keep it burning. I have an England American Standard.

Pull out all the pellets in the bin. Several members have found some strange things mixed in the pellets plugging or jamming the augers. Good luck, Maybe Mike Holton will catch the thread and help.

Reactions: Amy Dawn
Pull out all the pellets in the bin. Several members have found some strange things mixed in the pellets plugging or jamming the augers. Good luck, Maybe Mike Holton will catch the thread and help.
I didn't see anything in the hopper. a few weeks ago though, the hopper did catch fire. the burn plate was letting the pellets go underneath, and it plugged the air intake. I didn't have flames shooting, but there was about a fourth of a bag of pellets that was smoking and had a smoldering black spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. ordered a new plate. can I take apart the auger and clean it? there was burned pellets and black resin looking stuff that came out.

drop a note to [email protected] Hes a tech there and will advise as what and how to approach this problem. Hopper fires are unpleasant.

I didn't see anything in the hopper. a few weeks ago though, the hopper did catch fire. the burn plate was letting the pellets go underneath, and it plugged the air intake. I didn't have flames shooting, but there was about a fourth of a bag of pellets that was smoking and had a smoldering black spot about the size of a 50 cent piece. ordered a new plate. can I take apart the auger and clean it? there was burned pellets and black resin looking stuff that came out.
My cowrker and brothers friend has the same englander you have and they as well are having hopper fires as well as auger problems. Wonder if the company is aware of this.

What is an ENGLAND AMERICAN STANDARD ???? Is this made by ENGLANDER STOVES???

wow! Do they know what caused their hopper fires? yes, its very unpleasant! :(
No my cowrker just shut hers downs because there on two techs that can't figure it out. My brothers friend find a tech to fix it but now they cone out in clumps.there all frustrated.my cowrker is doing oil and my brother friend is saving for a new stove he's looking at a harman or quadro.
What is an ENGLAND AMERICAN STANDARD ???? Is this made by ENGLANDER STOVES???
Yes they are englander stoves as far as I know.

Definitely get in touch with Mike aka stoveguy2esw. Use his business email in his signature to make sure he gets the message. Seems he is pretty busy this time of year so does not spend as much time on the forum. Send him this thread so he can reach out to the others effected.

my bottom auger is turning, and occasionally a few pellets or dust will drop, but not enough to keep it burning. I have an England American Standard.
It appears that this is a clone of the 25PDVC. There are lots of them out there and this is the first time I am hearing of a problem with hopper fires.
I believe that the newer ones have a hopper lid switch. If this is damaged the upper auger won't deliver pellets to the lower auger.
The other possibility is that there is a mass of partially burned fuel clogging the upper auger.
I think that you need to first ascertain whether the upper auger is turning. Then we can figure out what isn't working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.