pellets, pellets, pellets,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerstroke guy73

Dec 17, 2012
new to the site. i hear many people talk a bout different manufactures of pellets. i live near toledo ohio and only limited to two manufactures. magic spark (mi pellets) and summerset (ky pellets) .. the summer set didnt burn in my stove for chit. i have only burnt magic spark i am on my 4th ton since i have got this stove last october. also how much you guys paying per ton. 175 here at my nardss. is there really a burn difference with diff manufactures.??

My nards!! LOL. Now that was funny.

Funny you don't like Somersets. They are pretty much the Holy Grail of pellets on this site.

My nards!! LOL. Now that was funny.

Funny you don't like Somersets. They are pretty much the Holy Grail of pellets on this site.

Really the Set's burn like chit Blasphemer !!! ::-)

the summer set didnt burn in my stove for chit
I'm willing to bet that there is missing information here. Just does not seem right. This is a very good pellet.

new to the site. i hear many people talk a bout different manufactures of pellets. i live near toledo ohio and only limited to two manufactures. magic spark (mi pellets) and summerset (ky pellets) .. the summer set didnt burn in my stove for chit. i have only burnt magic spark i am on my 4th ton since i have got this stove last october. also how much you guys paying per ton. 175 here at my nardss. is there really a burn difference with diff manufactures.??

There are different pellets at TSC. Also north American at Lowes. Pro pellets if you want a little drive outside of town.

I got Magic Sparks at Menards when they were on sale. I see they are on sale again for $174 ton. May pick up some more

Tim

Pro Pellets and Magic Sparks are the same pellet in different bags. Both compare very well to Somersets in my experience and I'd by the heck out of either of them at that price.

If they work in your stove then stick with them, especially at that price in December.

#1- You will not find pellets cheaper than Menards at $175

#2- Somersets are a GREAT PELLET

#3- If you want to try a few different brands, head East as Eatonpcat suggests. Near Cleveland we have a few other brands (Greenways, Preto logs, Green labels, AWF, Easy Heat, to name a few) {Pro Pellets = Magic Sparks}

#4- Don't head east.... because Somersets are the best in the area!!!

#5- Try the Sets again. Something is wrong with your stove ;)

Welcome to the Forum. Now go buy as much Somersets (or Magic Sparks) for $175!!
Now I have to call my local Menards and see if they are also at $175 (happens several times a yr)

Whoa!!! what's wrong with your stove dude? it doesn't like Somersets? It's the best pellet I have ever used and works great in all of my stoves!

OHG You have committed the highest sin on this forum....You have upset the members of the Somerset cult....watch out they have connection to the alien space ship that is going to come down and take you away to their plant.....Maybe since you are a newbie they will let you pass this time with a warning.

DUDE, DO YOU HAVE PELLET ASH IN YOUR EYES?? I like Somersets and stated they are one of the best pellets I have ever used!

#1- You will not find pellets cheaper than Menards at $175

I beg to differ. You can go to OMV's dressed as a deer and get free Sets.

after i burn the 2 tons of magic sparky i have in the garage, i will try them once again. there could have been something wrong with my stove, she was acting up last week until i hit it with a leaf blower trick now it runs like a champ. what else would make the two brands burn completely different. at the time when the summersets were not burning correctlly, i dropped a bag of magic sparky in the stove and it burns awesomelly good heat. stove is a 2009, less than 10 tons ran through it.....

DUDE, DO YOU HAVE PELLET ASH IN YOUR EYES?? I like Somersets and stated they are one of the best pellets I have ever used!

DUDE.....Are you pointing this at me? If so I was not talking to you DUDE.....And I guess you do not get sarcasm if you are...lot of us joke around on this board just an FYI. Have a good night DUDE....and a Merry Christmas :p

That post was not directed at you. Had it been, LMPS would have quoted your reply.

Lots of Jokers on here. This is a place to come, kick back by the fire, and have a Good time.

If you want to test the thickness of your skin, then visit the Can :) That will get you going

Reactions: mralias
Sorry Fellas, No pun intended, still trying to figure out how this Forum works.;?

Status
Not open for further replies.