Pellets (prices) in Seattle Area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear Mountain- 236/ ton at "Snohomish Coop"

Bear Mountain 240/ ton at "Dayville Farm and Feed in Snohomish" for the month of July 2009

Bear Mountain 294/ton at "AA Stove" in Parkland (Bob is proud of his pellets)

"Coastal Farm Stores" states they will have Bear Mountain/ Golden Fire on sale in August 2009. They were previously 199/ton in June 2009 for a few weeks. I dont know if the new price will be

From my point of view Bear Mountain / Golden Fire are far above the rest......but they are a bit more pricey. Get them when you can get them cheap.

I hope others will follow this thread and input some data that might help others in getting the best pellet for the best price.

Seems like you have access to a premium pellet, all fir. Pretty wide price range. We don't get Bear Mountain in this region as far as I know, but it's always interesting to see how much pellets are going for nationally. You might want to post the prices and store locations in the "Fuel Price Reports" section at the top of this screen.

It's interesting that not too many people post from the Pacific Northwest, since your area would seem to be a natural region for pellet stoves to be popular. (Why is that, do you think? An established market for standard wood stoves blocked pellet stoves?)

Too bad more people where you live don't use this web site. It has a lot of useful stuff. And good dealers could benefit from sending some of their customers here.

I am in SW washington and still waiting for local retailers to get their shippments in. Wilco has Goldenfire and Bear Mountain for $219 a ton.

West of Seattle Wa in Port Orchard/Bremerton, Custom Hearth has red fir pellets for $245 a ton. Their price has been the same since Aug of 2008. The mill (Atlas) is local about 15 miles away from the dealer. The pellet mill is located near a big Simpson lumber mill.

West of Seattle Wa in Port Orchard/Bremerton, Custom Hearth has red fir pellets for $245 a ton. Their price has been the same since Aug of 2008. The mill (Atlas) is local about 15 miles away from the dealer. The pellet mill is located near a big Simpson lumber mill.

Are you sure the pellet plant in Tacoma is Atlas, I thought that Manke was the only pellet mill in Tacoma

moralleper said:
...... Wilco has Goldenfire and Bear Mountain for $219 a ton.

WOW!!! :gulp: That is a great price for those pellets.

Us pellet burner folks east of the Mississippi are gettin ripped off with $250-300 (or more) pellets. :mad:

BTU said:
Actually you would be paying approx $360-$375 in NE if you wanted these west coast pellets.....

I'm not talking about getting those pellets....I know the freight would kill the price.....I'm talking about the pellets that are produced LOCALLY, like in my own state, 175 miles from me that are going for $275 and up.

Your post just proves what I'm trying to say. The northeast is being charged anywhere from $40 - 70/ ton more for pellets than anywhere else in the country or Canada, before trans., taxes, dealer markup and assorted other costs.

And you say transportation costs are higher.....well, we're getting screwed there too in fuel costs with the NE having the highest prices with the exception of California.

BTU said:
Your area of the country also has the highest concentration of people in the country and it's supply and demand.. More demand equals higher price.. That is just the law of economics,

Basically, I think your argument is falling on deaf ears for most people who are on this forum and live in the NE, and I'm not going to argue anymore about it because you just want to rationalize charging more for heating fuel, but based on your statement that it's "just the law of economics", why then does New Jersey (with the HIGHEST concentration of people per sq. mile of any state in the US), seems to also have some of the LOWEST fuel prices in the US?

I don't think I have to say any more......

Status
Not open for further replies.