Pellets Provide Great Traction on Ice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timalabim

Jul 11, 2008
eastern ma
Didn't want to re-use the 2/3 bag of pellets that I removed from my hopper to get to my auger jam, so
put some out on the steps/walkway/driveway last night. They provide excellent traction.

Hopefully this weekend's warm up will do some melting. I already used my season's supply of ice melt.

I would have chopped them up smaller and thrown them right back
into the hopper.

Too valuable to me to waste them on the driveway-That's what the ash is for ;-)

tinkabranc said:
I would have chopped them up smaller and thrown them right back
into the hopper.

Too valuable to me to waste them on the driveway-That's what the ash is for ;-)

I totally agree, the one time mine jammed, I just kinda stuck my hand in and rattled 'em around, didn't even empty the hopper, fired right off

I didn't want to re-use them as they were very dusty and dirty from being sucked into my shop vac which I kind of forgot to empty of ash before I sucked all the pellets in. Besides, last night I went to Lowes, and they were selling Ice Melt for $24.99 for a 40 lb bag.

They will stain your concrete. Had to bleach my sidewalk last summer to get rid of the stains.

Status
Not open for further replies.