Pellets stick to sides of Hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shepherdcampbell

Feb 1, 2011
Ontario
Hello.

We purchased an Enviro M55 in October. Since we purchased it, pellets get stuck to the sides of the hopper, often even causing the flame to extinguish, because it thinks it’s out of pellets. The auger appears to be working, pulling the pellets from the centre of the hopper; however the pellets on the side often remain. It looks as if there was an agitator or something inside that would move the pellets closer to the centre of the hopper, this would resolve this problem. I haven't been able to find any other posts on this. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you for your assistance.

Some people have sanded their hoppers with 0000 grain sand paper, and telflon taped seams, other have used Pledge on the hopper to make it more slippery. Not sure if there is a magic bullet out there that will fix all situations, but these maybe worth a try.

Been discussed many times. From the suggestions Utilitrack posted to rubbing it down with wax paper. I've found the longest lasting is spray graphite. Of course only use this when stove is shut down. I think this will solve your problem.

Thank you everyone for your quick responses. Right after I posted this question, of course, I found some of these suggestions from a previous thread!

Take care and have a warm afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.