Pellets Thus Far ..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure from last year, mepellet.
but i just counted the empties and i've burned less than i thought.
18 bags and i started in late mid september.

Not much, 8 bags. Today was first day running all day...but that was more to aid in drying the mud on new wall. :)

Dumped #5 in this morning.

I'm about on par for last year. I didn't burn until after we got power back post-snowpocolypse.... so about 11/2 i started last year. This year i dumped a few in for october. Been running on thermostat off and on throughout the night here the past few days..

1 bag so far. This time last year I didn't one bag in till the first week of December

I'm going to guesstimate 18 bags since the start of the season.

Bag number 4 went in yesterday. Been burning more cordwood this fall thanks to a dead ash tree.

Bag 10 just dumped in. Wasn't burning much until this week. Almost a bag a day the last couple a days. Getting into full swing now.

I'm about 6 bags ahead of last year.

Just under 800 lbs/19+ bags. Just like the stoves name...I keep it TOASTY warm! Stove come on at 5am and heats the entire downstairs to 73 then at 8am the t-stat goes down to 71 for all the time we are at home until 7pm then it goes up to 72 until 10:45pm and then auto shut down still throwing heat past 11:15pm....Sure beats the days of the 68 degree t-stat with all oil heat. Bill

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Sure beats the days of the 68 degree t-stat with all oil heat
I have to admit, being new to pellet burning, that I was keeping my rooms at about 68 degrees even with the pellets! Then I took a look at my stash and thought "What the H*** am I doing! Why can't I be warm with all these pellets!" so now I'm about 71 - 72 degrees. :cool:

15 bags so far..5 bags of Cheat River which impressed me with their heat and low ash, 9 bags Pro Pellets,1 bag of Somersets. The CR were Hotter than the Somersets in my stove!! !!!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I'm at 1 bag a day right now..its in the lower 20's at the moment..

I've burned about 1/2 a ton so far, but that's also so I can stay away from using oil...

Dumped #14 in the hopper tonight. Its supposed to get into the 60's here over the weekend until the middle of next week. That will decrease consumption drastically!

I dumped in bag #29 last night. 120 lb hopper, so by this morning I've probably burned 27-28 bags.

gone threw 8 bags so far since 10/1512

About half a ton so far.

16 bags as of this am. Warming for a while though will slow things down...

At present number 13 is in the hopper keeping an old two story farmhouse warm. Living room where the stove is located is about 68F and the rest of the house about 63-64F

Status
Not open for further replies.