Pellets Used So Far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have burned 1 ton of crappy Maine Woods pellets...and have the 1/4 ton of ashes to prove it!
Tomorrow I get to deep clean my stove...for the 6th time this season...already emptied my ash vac too...that is usually only once a year...so you get the picture lots of ash from a crappy pellet. The good news is I have a bag of Cubex to burn tomorrow after the cleaning. Bad news is it is only a marker bag to tell me I have used a ton. Then it is back to these crappy Maine Wood pellets...another 2 tons to burn. So I should have at least a 1/2 ton of ash.

Burned 35 bags since late October and NO OIL yet!!!!

Ive used 43 bags so far burning since the end of september,first year with stove so I Have done alot of testing my settings.

I've used about 15s bag so far, just to heat one room of my house. I don't think I've gotten the room above 60 degrees during that time. The rest of the house is using gas and I'm spending $150/month so far heating that. I was originally planning to do most of my heating with the pellet stove but it can't even heat a single room, never mind have extra to spare for the rest of the space. It hardly seems worth it to even start it up, since it makes such a small difference.

Brokk... (feeling a tad bitter)

Brokk said:
I've used about 15s bag so far, just to heat one room of my house. I don't think I've gotten the room above 60 degrees during that time. The rest of the house is using gas and I'm spending $150/month so far heating that. I was originally planning to do most of my heating with the pellet stove but it can't even heat a single room, never mind have extra to spare for the rest of the space. It hardly seems worth it to even start it up, since it makes such a small difference.
Brokk... (feeling a tad bitter)
what stove and pellets do you have??

39th bag in the hopper this AM, only 261 left. Furnace on maybe 1 hour total this season, when our daughter was home for a few days. Furnace kicked on around 7:00 this AM, thermostat is in our bedroom set at 62. Pretty cold last night, so this is about right. If we weren't on vacation the door would have been opened at 5:00 & the furnace never would have come on. Breaks down to $190.32 for fuel, plus the oil we've used.

By mid week I will have gone through one ton....three to go. Oink Oink.

at 105 bags to this point (2 tons) ...and the cold season cometh....
canada-flag-waving.gif

A little over a ton and a 1/2.....2 stoves.....Bought 20 bags today...to add to 3 tons.....

Bought two tons in August.

Have two tons left.

One of those bags is poised and ready to be run through the pellet screener I built.

Sure wish my pellet stove would arrive. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Have probably burned 3/4 cord of red oak in the wood boiler we have used for 26 years, but that is for a different forum . . . . . )

We started heating around October 15th... I have four bags left from the first 60 bag pallet and just got back from picking up another pallet.

Anybody wanna help me unload tonite?

jezbo33 said:
yea let me pack an overnight bag i will be on the first flight

Stay home... I got it covered... although my old body is feeling the effects of physical labor!

Just finished my first ton this week with three more sitting in the basement. Also burned about 80 Gallons of oil since 10/31 to heat the bedrooms and domestic hot water. The pellet stove only covers the living room, dining room, and kitchen of my single floor "T" shaped floor plan. Only intended on cutting the oil consumption in half so I think I am doing pretty well.

Just finished the first ton. Started burning mid-Oct.
Have also burned just under 1/4 tank of oil for hot water and to keep basement at 60F.
We do have a SMALL house.
Sure glad we started burning pellets.
Temp outside now is near 50F....Spring is here!!
Was 0F 2 days ago.

Bag #38 went into the hopper today.

Only been running the stove part time lately as we are still getting
a few mild days here and there.

66 bags so far in my Mt. Vernon -- does that count as a pig? 8-/ Got another 234 bags in the garage and basement.

First year with the stove, and I've cut my propane use in half, and the house is significantly warmer than years past.

109 bags since beginning of October. I know, it sounds like a lot, but the temps here have been averaging zero or lower since the beginning of December. We've had quite a few overnight lows -20F or lower (air temp, not windchill). Compared with my oil costs last year, I'm ecstatic so far. This December has been colder than normal which makes me even happier about my heating costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.