Pellets Won’t Stop Feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timh

Dec 28, 2008
Madera, CA
I have a Quadra-Fire Castile pellet insert which I had installed approximately four years ago and have no problems until recently. The problem is my auger keeps feeding in pellets continuously and nearly started a fire as the tube backed up. I have never had anything like this and checked all of the snap disk which were all fine. I then checked all of the wiring in the back and found all wires were intact. After turning the thermostat off and cleaning all of the pellets out of my stove and the feed I plugged the stove back in. The thermostat is in the off position but the fan comes on and the auger starts feeding pellets into the stove. Any ideas on what I can check before I call a technician and fork out all of the money.

This whole problem started when my stove did not have any power to it. I followed the troubleshooting guide and found the 7 amp fuse was popped up. I pushed it back down and the stove restarted. This is when all of the problems started. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think you need the tech. The controller is bad, could be a short that wiped out the control unit. All electrical needs to be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.