Pellets worth $500/ton...........?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no way this person thinks that tey are worth that price. think this person is smoking/drinking something good lol. $2000 to heat for a season? I know my NG would be cheaper.

Either they honestly don't know the cost of a ton of pellets (which I doubt) or they are fishing for a sucker... $200 isn't horrible but it seems to me that they want someone to think these pellets are made of gold and negotiating is futile.

Panhandler said:
Is he asking for $500? Or $200? What does "I am looking for $200 sharp" mean?
He's just trying to make you think that $200/ton is an unbelievable deal.....typical sales trick. Claim the original price was much higher. He's hoping to stumble across the "sucker born every minute".

My guess would be that the $500 is a typo, someone should call and let him know that even at $200 those NEWP's are priced high!

I'm pretty sure "$200 sharp" means he's firm on the price.

magsf11 said:
no way this person thinks that tey are worth that price. think this person is smoking/drinking something good lol. $2000 to heat for a season? I know my NG would be cheaper.

Heck, my NG is cheaper at $200 a ton

Status
Not open for further replies.