Pelletsales.com Credit Card Fees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stoveguy13 said:
i still dont see the big deal with it is from my stand point unless you work for visa or another credit card company did they do something to you tflight?
As I mentioned in my first post, I've never done business with them so I have no opinion of them as a customer. I didn't realize until today how passionate people's opinions are about them, both positive and negative. Had I known it was a hornet's nest, I probably wouldn't have stirred the pot. As a consumer I know that if you get behind on credit cards they can be evil, but they also offer certain protections. One of those protections is with regards to how prices are displayed and what fees can be charged. Just like the "minimum $10 purchase for credit cards" sign you see at many convenience stores-- something that is also against the merchant agreement.

Back in my first post I asked the question [Has anyone called pelletsales.com to ask about their “processing fee” for credit cards?"]. It sounds like the answer is simply "no". :)

I have nothing against them and I might still end up purchasing from them in the future. Prices are very tight and competitive right now so as you figure the price per ton, delivery prices, taxes on delivery, etc.... things like "processing fees" make a difference and tend to stick out when they don't follow the rules.

Cheers!

What bugs me about Pelletsales.com is that their price is $10 per ton lower one town away from me.

I can see why the delivery charge could vary by town but why should the price of pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.