Pelletstoveservice.com Labs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what we are endeavoring to do...make an interface that will allow any harman stove to work as it should yet be controlled via a thermostat....and not a seperate one...but the actual one you already have for your stove house central system. We are working with honeywell, nest and ecobee wi-fi controllers

Reactions: SteveB and Justin M
here's a hint of what's going on....

Hi Scott
Any T-Stat can be put on one leg of the Harman Stove's room temperature probe. However if the Nest T-Stat does not have a swing setting it may not work too well?
teach_nest_to_save-7c398292.jpg

If you can pull it off i know ill be ordering one. Here in PA the majority of houses have heatpumps and NG is not very common except in new construction so you will see a lot of secondary heat installs.

If you can pull it off i know ill be ordering one. Here in PA the majority of houses have heatpumps and NG is not very common except in new construction so you will see a lot of secondary heat installs.

From > > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ur-manual-doesnt-tell-you.91030/#post-1192510
Harman reccommends the following Honeywell units for this use:

RTH230B
RTH6300B

Have you tried them?

I know Enviro's circuit board maker is working on a Wi-Fi control panel. Having it built into the control panel gives the most control over the pellet stove features.

Making this universal for all stove lines would be great. Best of luck!! This is what makes America great!!

From > > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ur-manual-doesnt-tell-you.91030/#post-1192510
Harman reccommends the following Honeywell units for this use:

RTH230B
RTH6300B

Have you tried them?

I know Enviro's circuit board maker is working on a Wi-Fi control panel. Having it built into the control panel gives the most control over the pellet stove features.

I will only run the 8000 series honeywell due to its far superior control on the heat pump stages in ac and heating mode. In your post earlier you mentioned about swing settings which the 8000 has user adjustable settings for swing control. Can you pm me the details of any info that might make this possible to use the pellet stove as the 3rd stage of heating. I dont want to get off topic on this thread but i think you may be on to something that may help me.

That sounds like one more 'toy' I'm just going to have to buy!!!!! Darn YOU!

Just remember > 'You didn't build that'! :p

Reactions: SteveB
Interesting, so a thermostat that can communicate in place of the thermistor? Or something better?

and not a seperate one...but the actual one you already have for your stove house central system.
Hmmm, my homes thermostat is too close to my stove to want to combine the two, I have considered replacing my house thermostat with a wireless receiver, and using my wireless thermostat for both my stove/house. Just didn't think it necessary.

Sounds like a worth while idea, a thermostat that works with the Harman as it should!

Status
Not open for further replies.