1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pelletstoveservice.com Labs

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by smwilliamson, Nov 22, 2012.

1. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    That is what we are endeavoring to do...make an interface that will allow any harman stove to work as it should yet be controlled via a thermostat....and not a seperate one...but the actual one you already have for your stove house central system. We are working with honeywell, nest and ecobee wi-fi controllers
    SteveB and Justin M like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
  3. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Fully aware...
  4. boosted3g

boosted3g Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central PA
    If you can pull it off i know ill be ordering one. Here in PA the majority of houses have heatpumps and NG is not very common except in new construction so you will see a lot of secondary heat installs.
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    From > > http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...ur-manual-doesnt-tell-you.91030/#post-1192510
    Harman reccommends the following Honeywell units for this use:

RTH230B
    RTH6300B

Have you tried them?

I know Enviro's circuit board maker is working on a Wi-Fi control panel. Having it built into the control panel gives the most control over the pellet stove features.
  6. LMPS

LMPS Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Coastal, Maine
    Making this universal for all stove lines would be great. Best of luck!! This is what makes America great!!
  7. boosted3g

boosted3g Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central PA

I will only run the 8000 series honeywell due to its far superior control on the heat pump stages in ac and heating mode. In your post earlier you mentioned about swing settings which the 8000 has user adjustable settings for swing control. Can you pm me the details of any info that might make this possible to use the pellet stove as the 3rd stage of heating. I dont want to get off topic on this thread but i think you may be on to something that may help me.
  8. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    That sounds like one more 'toy' I'm just going to have to buy!!!!! Darn YOU!

Just remember > 'You didn't build that'! :p
    SteveB likes this.
  9. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Interesting, so a thermostat that can communicate in place of the thermistor? Or something better?

and not a seperate one...but the actual one you already have for your stove house central system.
    Hmmm, my homes thermostat is too close to my stove to want to combine the two, I have considered replacing my house thermostat with a wireless receiver, and using my wireless thermostat for both my stove/house. Just didn't think it necessary.

Sounds like a worth while idea, a thermostat that works with the Harman as it should!