Pellpro Bayview Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
First, let me say hello as I have just found this blog. I am from Ontario Canada and have been burning 2 Regency Stoves for the past 12 years. This year I decided I wanted to try a pellet insert to replace one of my Regencys. I purchased a Pellpro Bayview Insert from the local Home Depot and installed it myself. So far I haven't had alot of burning time with it due to the current stretch of warm weather. My question to the experienced pellet burners here is if any one has had any experience with the Pellpro stoves which are made by Danson Industries in British Columbia. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks

rottiman said:
First, let me say hello as I have just found this blog........My question to the experienced pellet burners here is if any one has had any experience with the Pellpro stoves which are made by Danson Industries in British Columbia. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks

First of all, welcome to the forum...always like to hear from our neighbors to the north. As far as the PellPro, I think forum member "schmeg" has a stove made by Dansons (you could try PM'ing him and ask questions). Other than that, I don't think there are too many people here that have them.

Good luck

Yes, I am using the Glowboy version to this stove. It looks a bit different on the outside, but I believe the inner workings are the same.
There isn't much automation with this stove, so you will have a learning curve with the vent settings. Also, the stove needs frequent
cleaning (almost daily). There isn't much room for ash, and the stove does produce some ash, and soots the window. What it does do well
is run 24/7 without a hiccup. Very reliable. Not the most efficient stove, but not gross. Heat output can be marginal depending on
pellet selection. I've had best results with Energex. Keep the stove clean, to include cleaning the heat exchanger tubes regularly, and it
will perform reasonably well. Just don't expect it to perform like a Quad Mt.Vernon, or an Eccentra. I will be upgrading to one of those
stoves next spring. Feel free to PM me for more info. Jay

I have a Glowboy Classic insert in my house as well. I will tell you that when I first installed it it had the knobs for controls. I replaced them after 2 years with digital controls and hooked up a thermostat. The stove runs from mid October to late April 24x7 for the last 4 winters. I had to replace an auger motor once and I had a combustion fan go late last winter. I think I have pushed about 20 tons through the stove. I only clean it once a week and I burn what ever pellets are cheap. When the glass starts to get dirty around the edges I know its time to adjust the glass. The cool thing about this stove is that you can turn the combustion air up or down to make burning terrible pellets better.

This stove was returned to a dealer because the owner didn't like it. I picked it up cheap and I happy to have done so.

If you can get it cheap I would say do it. I think they are a little more efficient that the other models being sold at the big box stores.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.