Pelpro 120 stove starts but the combustion fan keeps going on and off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of cause as expected the new board did not work...Not only did it not work but it was worse than the others....When I first plug it in the ignite when on and nothing else. I then unplug it and tried to start it but as I pushed the start button it would not respond. I pulled the board only to find that there were 2 screws missing, these screws hold the board to the face panel. I pulled 2 screws from the other board and installed them. I then reinstalled the board in the stove. I hit the start button and it started as normal. After it completed it's start cycle I then push the feed rate button to bring it up to 3 and guess what it failed....Same issue as before and that now makes 3 board that do not work...What part do they not understand that these boards are not working from the manufacturer it self...I reinstalled my control board from the older Pelpro Bayview and presto...it works...I don't know what else to do but they are going to have to fix this one way or another.....
Man that does not surprise me, I am taking mine back tomorrow. I hope you can get yours returned somehow and be done with it. Don't tell me that they can't send out a known good board the first time. Are they pulling these boards off of returned stoves and hope that one works or what? Their has to be more people out there that are having the same problem than vrosario63 and myself. Their is no way this is isolated to just a few people. The company admitted to me that they had a known bad batch of boards, so where are some of these people. Something smells fishy here that their is not more posts on this issue. The bad / dangerous thing is that their may be people out their that are operating their stoves like this and don't know any better. I did read a post, but i don't remember where, that their stove would clog up with soot when they ran it over feed rate one. The combustion blower completely shutting off at any feed rate is not normal for this stove. If HHT keeps this up, people could be burning their houses down if the owner doesn't realize their is a problem. Seriously, HHT customer service told me after my 2 hour ordeal with them that I quote "sounds like your stove is running normal". I had it running on feed 4 at their request, and the combustion blower kept turning on and off about every 3-4 seconds. The entire combustion chamber was a complete sooty mess within minutes.

Man that does not surprise me, I am taking mine back tomorrow. I hope you can get yours returned somehow and be done with it. Don't tell me that they can't send out a known good board the first time. Are they pulling these boards off of returned stoves and hope that one works or what? Their has to be more people out there that are having the same problem than vrosario63 and myself. Their is no way this is isolated to just a few people. The company admitted to me that they had a known bad batch of boards, so where are some of these people. Something smells fishy here that their is not more posts on this issue. The bad / dangerous thing is that their may be people out their that are operating their stoves like this and don't know any better. I did read a post, but i don't remember where, that their stove would clog up with soot when they ran it over feed rate one. The combustion blower completely shutting off at any feed rate is not normal for this stove. If HHT keeps this up, people could be burning their houses down if the owner doesn't realize their is a problem. Seriously, HHT customer service told me after my 2 hour ordeal with them that I quote "sounds like your stove is running normal". I had it running on feed 4 at their request, and the combustion blower kept turning on and off about every 3-4 seconds. The entire combustion chamber was a complete sooty mess within minutes.

I Read this thread I'm having the same issues, I just got my second board in and it cycles in feed rate 2, the other two boards did it in feed rates 2, 3, 4. I'm so fed up. Can't they test these boards out before they send them? I have two stoves, right now I'm using the acutron 2 from my older stove in my newer one and its working fine. currently awaiting a phone call back from them!

I Read this thread I'm having the same issues, I just got my second board in and it cycles in feed rate 2, the other two boards did it in feed rates 2, 3, 4. I'm so fed up. Can't they test these boards out before they send them? I have two stoves, right now I'm using the acutron 2 from my older stove in my newer one and its working fine. currently awaiting a phone call back from them!
I am still waiting for a resolve on this. They never did anything after sending me 3 control boards, a combustion fan and the wiring harness. I ended up installing a pot that control the combustion fan. I have about 3 months left to the expiration of the warranty. Then I guess I will never now. The only fix would be buying a older control

I am still waiting for a resolve on this. They never did anything after sending me 3 control boards, a combustion fan and the wiring harness. I ended up installing a pot that control the combustion fan. I have about 3 months left to the expiration of the warranty. Then I guess I will never now. The only fix would be buying a older control

Well I figured mine out. I tryed the new control board in my old stove and it worked just fine, at that point i was really scratching my head. Reinstalled it back into my new stove and combustion fan started to cycle in feed rate 2. Now after 3 boards i noticed the trim pod screw for combustion fan is set at almost max (ccw). I put the stove back to feed rate 1 and turned the screw ccw till it stopped and the combustion fan started to cycle. So its something with the position of this screw and the combustion fan cycling . Anyways i turned screw to its middle set point and everything is working fine. I'm satisfied enough, i quit tinkering with it, hope you find success playing with that fan adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.