Pelpro pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhl380

Dec 22, 2009
ohio
Hi. does anyone have one of these stoves? what do you think of them.
pros and cons looking at them to purchase one thanks Rick.

Are you buying new from Menards (or similar store)? Or buying used?

Have you looked into the Englander line at Home Depot, Lowes, Etc. They make a solid product and priced competitively.

Hello fellow Ohioan... Medina/ Ashland/ Lorain area here...

just looking at this time i will be buying one next fall
or this summer when they are cheap hopefully.
it will be a new one only.

Rick, what are the other stove brands that are available in your area?

What part of Ohio are you located in? If in the northeast, Kinsman Stoves should be one of your "shopping" trips.

mhl380 said:
Hi. does anyone have one of these stoves? what do you think of them.
pros and cons looking at them to purchase one thanks Rick.

Hello mhl

I recently purchased a Pelpro Bayview FS for refurbushing.
See >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/86348/ for pics and description.

Now I would not have got it unless it was a good stove with a good name and support to get parts and fixup!

I really got into it, since it may not have had the best of care so after 5 years it was sold to me.

First I would like to say that Treavor in Pelpro Support in Alberta Canada is one of the best! This toll free support and direct parts purchase is great!!

Now I do recommend the Bay View model it is the Top of the Line and has all the bells and whistles.

Reasonable care is a must though to prevent a major problem sometimes!
I did replace the door gasket and fan limit switches which is not unreasonable, however I did have to replace the control panel maybe due to an unprotected power surge or someone may have been inside with a screwdriver with the power on!!

Anyway, the updated control panel not only works well with the older stove but has the Auto On-Off or Hi-Lo with the T-stat in addition to manual operation!

The ash pan was big and the hopper was good size too. A hopper extension is a great option too. The firebrick should only be put in in the summer for looks since it gets dirty and breaks to easily if left in during fires!!

The Enormous 265 CFM room blower was really something. Many of the parts can be replaced inexpensively by shopping around too!!

It ran very well in my shed and I sold it before I could hook up the T-Stat!!

Oh, well that was my experience!! Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.