Pelpro pp130 auger issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Arkansas Greg

Oct 30, 2020
Arkansas
Hello. The auger in my Pelpro pp130 is binding in part of its rotation.

I removed the auger cover inside the hopper to access the auger and can feel a "hard" spot at a point in its rotation when rotating by hand. The auger will rotate 360 degrees under power when it is not under a load moving pellets. When moving pellets, it will rotate until the auger path gets full and then stop. I can move the auger by hand at this point and it will then start rotating again under power. The pellet path is clean and clear.

Previous to this, the auger had jammed due to son purchasing and loading livestock pellets instead of wood pellets into the unit. Livestock pellets don't work well in these units needless to say.

Auger motor and gear drive probably need to be replaced? Any thoughts on this are appreciated.