Pelpro pp130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

avenditto

Nov 28, 2020
Connecticut
Hello everyone I'm new to the pellet stove world and would like to get a pelpro pp130. I'm on the fence because the stove is going in the front of my house so I want to direct vent in order to keep it looking presentable. The manual says it can be done but should be vertical rise. Any of you guys direct vent this stove and have issues? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Ssyko
We just installed two PP130Bs, one in our house and one in our workshop. We tried a straight-out vent termination on the house, but found that it leaked some smoke from the stove when we did a "fire burning, power goes out" test. After putting a 7 foot rise on it, the natural draft results in no smoke leakage when power is removed during a burn.

Otherwise, the straight-out vent termination worked just fine with no difference in burning behavior under normal conditions.

Reactions: Ssyko and avenditto