PelPro PPC90 Cast Freestanding Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
IMG_1502.JPG
just installed one, $1299.00 at Tractor Supply, 90lb hopper, 50k BTU...$1299.00!!!!!! This stove is silent, looks awesome, holds more than two bags.....omg has to be the best value out there in a cast stove.

Definitely a nice stove for the price. Seen one at Family Farm and Home for $1150. Should put a dent in cast iron stove sales that cost 3 to 4 times as much (Castile, Mt Vernon, XXV), which are made by the same parent company.

Let us know how you like it, I like the look and an getting a stove with my tax return :cool:

Looks great!

Looking for one to put in the basement, very interested in your experiences with this stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Pelpro website this stove qualifies for $300 federal income tax rebate as well.

Very nice looking stove. Will be interesting to see the long term burn report

Closest one to me is 120 miles

Does it have a quad style pot,igniter,thermocouple,spring type auger etc

Hungry little stove. Claiming the 90 hopper to last two days.

I'm thinking it's more like the Pelpro PP130 but with a cast iron outer shell. Somewhat similar to a Heatilator with regard to 3 internal heat shields but very different auger, igniter, burn pot, etc.

How difficult is it to clean combustion motors?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I own a pp120 pretty similar to yours also no ash pan

You gotta keep the burn pot clean if you want it to run efficient. It will eventually catch up on you if you let it go to far.

I basically clean my burn pot daily, and do a quick vac out of stove nothing major, bout every 3-5 days I remove the panels and dig deeper.

Do you own a leaf blower and how high up is your clean out tee from the ground?

Generally with mine I just hook up the leaf blower and it pretty much cleans the fan no removal necessary from stove, just make sure you remove the airline from vacuum switch

I'm going on about 3 years now owning it and I've had to replace the convection fan and snap disc once, and I just ordered a new door rope which in reality I'm happy so far minus the upkeep on keeping it clean

Beautiful stove ..... :)

I own a pp120 pretty similar to yours also no ash pan

You gotta keep the burn pot clean if you want it to run efficient. It will eventually catch up on you if you let it go to far.

I basically clean my burn pot daily, and do a quick vac out of stove nothing major, bout every 3-5 days I remove the panels and dig deeper.

Do you own a leaf blower and how high up is your clean out tee from the ground?

Generally with mine I just hook up the leaf blower and it pretty much cleans the fan no removal necessary from stove, just make sure you remove the airline from vacuum switch

I'm going on about 3 years now owning it and I've had to replace the convection fan and snap disc once, and I just ordered a new door rope which in reality I'm happy so far minus the upkeep on keeping it clean
The pp120 and this stove completely different , yours was made prior to the HHT acquisition

I can get these at Home depot up here, they appear to be one of their distributors.

Looking for a review about this stove as I'm interested in it to. Because of no ash pan, I'm assuming you gotta clean it often. Is it an easy stove to clean?

View attachment 192743 just installed one, $1299.00 at Tractor Supply, 90lb hopper, 50k BTU...$1299.00!!!!!! This stove is silent, looks awesome, holds more than two bags.....omg has to be the best value out there in a cast stove.

Hey Scott, I'm about to purchase the TSC90 - how do you like this one so far? This would be my first stove purchase so I'm a total newb when it comes to this but have learned a lot over the past week or so. This site is a great resource! Seems like a great buy.