Penningtons $3.85 Per Bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhandler

Minister of Fire
Aug 24, 2008
WV Northern Panhandle
Just went shopping at local Sam's club (St Clairsville OH) and saw Pennington's at $3.85 per bag, loose, stacked. i got bit bad a couple years ago with this brand. These have a date of August or October '09 stamped on them. Has anyone used them this season? Have they cleaned up their problems? Is $192.50 too good a deal?

Burned them for years from Walmart, decent pellet, you WV boy's sure do get stuff cheap down there!

They're not bad, I'd buy em for that price for sure.

Here's a link to a thread that has the ins and outs.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/14333/

I found them to be about middle of the road or so. I have a basement install so they didn't have the big heat numbers I need for the extreme cold. But I would burn them in the shoulders if the price was right. My multifuel stove will burn just about anything. So I am probably not the person to go by.

Here was my testing of them.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42511/

I burned a few bags. I liked them. I would buy them at that price in a heart beat.

What jtakeman said. I bought a few tons for cheap. They are definitaly a spring/fall shoulder type pellet. I burn them during the day when no one is home now. OK pellet don't get me wrong, but next year will only buy enough for spring/fall duty and only for a great price. And by the way where I live $192 is a good price.

Schoondog

Cant get that good a price here, i sure would burn them if i found them at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.