pennywise pellets,garbage or gold?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found that menards has somersets and pennywise pellets for 179.00$ a ton. Im a huge fan of somersets but am curious to see how a few bags of the pennywise pellets burn. Anyone have any experiance with these pellets?

Wow.... You found a new brand and didnt buy any for us???? :lol:

Damn. Thats the last time I give you some new pellets. ;-P

What Menards were you at? Ontario? Or Massillon? They have been on sale for a bit now.

Stick with what works and buy fast!!!! The sale ends on Sunday. Be glad they have Somersets available....can't find em here.

Buy a ton of Somersets and 10 bags of Pennywise for us (5 and 5) for testing. ;-P

I am sure they will have some left at the end of the year when they go on sale again (always have around 50 ton on hand). So if they are better than Somerset (doubt it) you can stock up then.

And maybe I can buy some more.

Im off Sat, maybe we can run up there. A few bags never hurt. 10-20 at a time and she never notices. :lol:

Jrsdws- What was the part # for the Cast burn pot? I was online looking for it and found the 2 speed combustion blower (High CFM), but cant find the Cast pot.

Menards here had some early in the season. I bought two bags. Average heat pellet, but there were some monster pellets in there. Many greater than 2 inches. I was glad I only got the two bags. If those and Somerset are the same price its a no brainer for me.

BC2650 - What number is the 2 speed combustion blower? LOL

DexterDay said:
Wow.... You found a new brand and didnt buy any for us???? :lol:

Damn. Thats the last time I give you some new pellets. ;-P

What Menards were you at? Ontario? Or Massillon? They have been on sale for a bit now.
Havent bought them yet. Found em on menards website

Looks like the CF3542 (High Output). I could be wrong. But its the only "High Output" model.

The Magnum Furnace is listed as a model for that part. One would think that the blower would have a higher CFM??

Be sure to get you a couple bags.its menards in ontario

barnyard840x said:
Be sure to get you a couple bags.its menards in ontario

Those were on the website last year. Thats there "product photo". They didnt carry any last year in Ontario. Photo was up, but only Somersets..... There were a few ton at the Sandusky store last season. But thats just a photo.

I would call tomorrow morning....

Just sayin. Prob just Somersets....

DexterDay said:
Looks like the CF3542 (High Output). I could be wrong. But its the only "High Output" model.

The Magnum Furnace is listed as a model for that part. One would think that the blower would have a higher CFM??

That's the number the dude at AES recommended me too...but I don't see where it says two speed anywhere....not that it matters unless it's too much air for corn.

Saturday sounds good to me dex. May just have to bring the trailer n take a ton of somersets home. Gotta unload them quick so the wifey doesnt notice what were up to ;-P

Please buy all the Pennywise and Wood Fibres inc. brands you can. In fact tell Menards to keep carring them over the Somerset. Hopefully, if this happens, we can get Somersets at the Michigan Menard's stores again.

Outerlimits said:
Please buy all the Pennywise and Wood Fibres inc. brands you can. In fact tell Menards to keep carring them over the Somerset. Hopefully, if this happens, we can get Somersets at the Michigan Menard's stores again.
thats funny,love the humor!!! If they werent my favorite pellet and i had some pull,i'd help ya. But i will be sure to think of you while i fill my hopper ;-) with those beautiful pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.