Pennywise Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
never heard of them. You know the drill though..even if you get opinions here, different pellets sometimes work differently in different stoves. When in doubt, try a few bags first

I burned a few bags of Tomorrows Energy I got them at HD. There made by Pennywise. They seemed to burned OK for me. Heat was OK and but they had a more ash than I would like to see. Overall I rated a bit below average. If I could purchase them at a reasonable price I would burn them, But probably just in the shoulder season.

Always better to try a couple of bags before you dive in when possible. Keep us posted if you do decide to try some?

DH bought some and we're burning them now. Hard to tell about the heat output now because we're in a bit of a warm up in our region right now. Checked the bag and they're made by Marth.

I bought Twenty bags a couple of weeks ago from Menards, a lot of ash and a lot of dust from the bag, but they were on sale for $3.94 a bag, I need to run my feed rate a bit higher to push out the ash, but the heats OK and I needed about 1/2 a ton more to finish out winter. I burn a bag a day and I figured I would of been out by mid March so it worked out well, but I would not recommend them to burn all year just too much dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.