People buy these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmiser

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2011
Garnet Valley, PA
Do they even burn like that?

Attachments

• BonFire.jpg
    BonFire.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,188
if it would fit I'd bet you can burn those real nice in a blaze king! awesome stoves.

If they are sittin there for sale, some clown is buying them, somewhere. At least tell me you were in downtown Philly when you took that pic.

Somebody will buy it. If they are getting $12.99 each then I have a lot of money sitting in my backyard.

Wow. That's pretty pricey. They sell the bundles of sawmill slabs here for $5 and I thought that was nuts. I know it is just for the ambiance burners, but still.

Blue Vomit said:
some clown is buying them

Some clown? Maybe somebody with a different lifestyle, background, experience, needs. One that involves money.
Looks like a great idea for the "right" side of town.
I once had a lady beg me to go out and pluck her four lousy corn stalks for Halloween. She gimme $40!
Change your thinking, change your bank account.
Everyone is NOT as poor as us.
Kenny

kenny chaos said:
Blue Vomit said:

Some clown? Maybe somebody with a different lifestyle, background, experience, needs. One that involves money.
I once had a lady beg me to go out and pluck her four lousy corn stalks for Halloween. She gimme $40!
Kenny

I'm not poor, I am a clown, and I have spent a lot more money than 12.99 on a lot dumber things in my life than that... Therefore I am an expert. My expert opinion is that if you buy one of those, you are a clown.

Kenny makes a very good point. Ya gotta think outside the box sometimes.

Blue Vomit said:
kenny chaos said:
Blue Vomit said:

Kenny

I'm not poor, I am a clown, and I have spent a lot more money than 12.99 on a lot dumber things in my life than that... Therefore I am an expert. My expert opinion is that if you buy one of those, you are a clown.

Hard to argue with that logic!

Those are used to start a bonfire with around here they are dead wood that all the fluids of the tree have settled to the bottom of. Kinda supersized fatwood anyway I see them occasionally at our gas station you light the man made wick and get back cuz when they take it's like the sun came to earth super hot and bright.

Pete

kenny chaos said:
Blue Vomit said:

Kenny

Indeed, my brother pays more to rent his parking spot in NY than I do for my mortgage, silly it seems.

No doubt NY is EXPENSIVE, thats why we said adios to living in NY. We have friends that spend more on their property taxes than can be spent on an ivy league education. no joke.

As Fords said . . . they look like a Swedish candle . . . I made a few of these myself this past year . . . they worked pretty well actually . . . I would not actually buy such a thing, but I figured it would be fun to make a couple. I'm already planning on building a few more for this summer.

Those are the Ecoforest bonfire log. Light it off and it burns for an hour. Hot.

Blue Vomit said:
kenny chaos said:
Blue Vomit said:

Kenny

i'm currently pulling my foot out of my mouth... it happens alot. Apparently there is a market/purpose for such a product.
I warned you. I told you I was one of those clowns.

OK, on closer inspection, I see the wicks and what looks like plunge cuts for whatever fuel they dump in there.

At first, though, I thought they were just selling campfire by the cubic foot and figured some Boy Scout with his trusty hatchet would want to show off and split these.

Nancy

I used to sell bales of straw for $3/bale. For a couple years I reset the baler and made 1/4 bales
I sold for $8 a piece at Halloween time. Sold my horse drawn corn binder to a fella that pulls
it with a tractor and sells loads of it to all the farmers markets around here at Halloween time.
I knew another farmer that sold "real" field stone.
People want what they want and they'll be happy to pay.
I like the idea of selling an 8" or 10" long round.

Status
Not open for further replies.