People from NY, Rome Clinton.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenskip1

Sep 17, 2006
Waynesville Missouri
Hello to the people from Rome, And Clinton Ny. I am a new member at this site nut you have made me very happy. I lived in West Branch along route 26 for close to 11 years.I loved it their. I then moved to Taberg as I purchased a mobile home. Liesure village was the park that I rested in. I purchased a VC Interpid and heated the home for about 6 years with this stove as a primary heat source.I had purchased a 028 from a dealer in West Lyden.I stihl have the saw with me now here in Coleman Texas. I have spent many days at the Clinton arena.I am well familiar with the surroundings. Same as to the Kennedy Arena in Rome.The VC would heat 90% of the home. I had the people from the stove place on Broad street professionally install it. I never had a problem with this stove. I cut and split all of my own wood, mostly from the state land and took the tops left by the loggers.The Vc had a small firebox and the furnace would kick in when the temperature went down. This worked well as I did not want the pipes to freeze. I miss the wonderful people from the Rom area. I had to move to a warmer climate as I have had several spinal surgeries at St. Elizabeths.My wood splitting days are now behind me as of the warmer climate here. I missed the woodsmans field days for the first time this year. I used to drive a logging truck for 3B Timber out of Boonville. The Burgoise family was the owner.I hope to be in communication with the rest of the wonderful people from Rome and Clinton NY.

Hey Ken,

Welcome to Hearth.com.

Beautiful late-summer weather in CNY this morning, but you can feel the chill in the air. I'm trying to get psyched up for another good winter, maybe get some skiing in up on the plateau and up in Old Forge, where I work.

Nice to hear from a transplanted Adirondacker!

Erick, Thank you for the reply. It is funny that your reply came when it did. BAack in 2003 a friend and I went camping up in Ole Forge. just enjoying the fall foilage and consuming 12 oz beverages. I had worked at Bridenberkers as a mechainc on small engines. They also rented Coleman Pop Up's. I had rented one.Well we went to our designated site and having a good old time. As we went to bed we though about the Bear situation. Forget it was my command. We went to bed with the cooler left out in the open. Bacon, eggs flower orange juice were in the cooler.Well after midnight a Bear of unknown sex decided to make a walk through inspection of our site.You could here it walking threough our many enpty cans.Now not having much common sence with a belly full of Budweiser I sat up and looked out the window. The bear had decided to make a midnight snack with the contence of our cooler.I was trying to stay as cool as possible. My cohart awoke and I held up my finger to my lips.He looked out the window as the bear was now enjoying a dozen raw eggs.The bacon package had not even been opened before mr Bear managed to add a little bit of raw pork to his midnight meal.Cholesterol shortage? Raw eggs topped with raw bacon? My cardioligist would have me committed.However the bear enjoyed his snack. The flower was now scattered all about. The OJ container had claw marks through it.The hamberger that was tomorrows dinner had been consumed.The Bears ettiquate has room for improvement!This was one of my many Adirondack adventures. I miss the foilage and the people. I also drove a dump truck for Wayne Paving. I used to go to the quarry in Clinton for stone and asphalt.Some of the young collage scenery walking about wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.