people using propane for storage....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

88rxn/a

Feb 12, 2008
northeast PA
if anyone is running 2 500 gallon tanks i was wondering if you could get some measurements for me please? width, height and length .......
i need to figure out if i can keep them next to my boiler in the shed or if they will fit in my basement.

found a reference...

http://www.missiongas.com/lpgastankdimensions.htm

Tanks come in different sizes but the ones I have for sale are mostly 10ft by 3ft. I do have two that are 45in x 8ft. some have bottem drains and some don't. It's best if you figure out what space you have to work with and then try and find something that will fit.
leaddog

Mine are 37.4 inches in diameter, 117 inches long. They sit on two feet that keep the tank roughly 3" off the ground....so call it 40" height.

Ideally you would mount it standing up to leverage stratification. Use the top portion of the tank for energy out, cool lower part to keep boiler and or solar input efficiency up.

Although not as common I do see vertical LP tanks in use, typically around portable or mobile homes. They look to be in the 250- 300 gallon capacity.

hr

Status
Not open for further replies.