Perfect day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HitzerHillbilly

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2014
Northern Indiana
d14c88f101af151ff359d215b06eaee4.jpg65° today! Got some splittin done!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riff and Lone_Gun
Nice rig.

Last edited:
Lack of lift is why I split in two shifts. Horizontal for the liftable stuff and then vertical for the big rounds.

What brand is that? Anyone know much about this splitter?
http://www.ruggedmade.com/37-ton-lo...lectric-start-48-563-737-lf15ec-22-ll-ct.html
Mine is a power trust equipment/new river firewood splitter. It is off-brand, generic. And they don't get very good reviews. Now mine has worked fine so far, had a bad filter housing from the get-go. But they replaced it. Also broke the 4-way wedge, but I fix that myself and reinforced it. It is not built like the American made log splitters, but it does not cost as much either.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Bravo. I split by hand sooooo, jealous!;em

If the wood is easy to split then a Fiskar can just about keep up with a splitter with a lot less noise. Eat your Wheaties first. For big splits and the knotty or stringy stuff, give me a power splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.