Perfect Weather for the Week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
84F with winds from the wsw 15-20mph. All week highs in the upper 80's with the same kind of winds. Sure gad I left about a foot between all of my stacks. 1 cord of maple I split at the end of may is coming along nicely. Oh ya.....no rain in site. Not even in the 7-10day long range. Can hear the wood split itself.

NordicSplitter it sure has been a good summer for seasoning the wood supply, the weather could change with the storms coming in from the mid west. Under the 48 hour forecast day 2.

http://www.wright-weather.com/

zap

Crappy here, highs in the 90's and very humid all week, I hate this stuff, reminds me of when I lived in Mobile AL.

Im at 90 here last two days, I split about a cord and a half, after a couple hours in this sun Ive had enough. Wood is seasoning nicely though, I can see a big difference between the older stacks and the newer ones.

We're in the Summer doldrums here. High-pressure domes over the top of us have killed the winds.

Hey Woody, that is perfect for riding the bike!

Excessive Heat Watch
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
1035 AM EDT THU JUL 21 2011

...A PROLONGED PERIOD OF EXCESSIVE HEAT ARRIVES TODAY...

.HOT WEATHER ALONG WITH OPPRESSIVE HUMIDITY ARRIVES TODAY AND
CONTINUES INTO SATURDAY. THE HEAT WAVE WILL LIKELY BREAK SUNDAY
AS COOLER CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE MOVES INTO SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND
BEHIND A COLD FRONT.

Oh please, oh please, come now November! I do not like the summer.

Ya, this is awful weather. I see out heat index has topped 100 and the hottest part of the day is still to come. Our low last night was 83 and I do not ever recall a low temperature that high for this area.

96 here right now. The wood I split 2 weeks ago that was 25% moisture is now down to 20%

It is simply awful in the North East today, Friday and Saturday... I guess I am not doing much outside anytime after 10 am or so.

Attachments

• heat index.jpg
    heat index.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 165
  • ne map.jpg
    ne map.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 171
woodsmaster said:
96 here right now. The wood I split 2 weeks ago that was 25% moisture is now down to 20%

In 2 weeks!!?? I don't think I've ever resplit wood and checked again after 2 weeks but man that is fast! Can't possibly be any type of oak!

Not my idea of perfect here. Hit 99 in my back yard yesterday with humidity at 52%. That works out to about 115-120 on the heat index. Feels a bit less intense today. Tuesday we had low 90's with dense fog from the Lake, it was downright weird, felt like walking into a steamroom.

muncybob said:
woodsmaster said:

In 2 weeks!!?? I don't think I've ever resplit wood and checked again after 2 weeks but man that is fast! Can't possibly be any type of oak!

not oak, dead white ash. It's been dryer than a popcorn fart here. Now its 100 degres here without the heat index, and windy.

Status
Not open for further replies.