Perhaps you guys can shed some light upon the subject.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur. There is ALOT of mis-information going on there. You have to remember - we run on wood ALL DAY- EVERY DAY and enjoy it. Its in our blood, and we couldnt imagine NOT doing it.....so I guess be are biased toward burning. It seems to me that alot of the people posting in that forum were just the opposite - its not in their DNA - they dont LOVE it like we do - therefore, they are biased against it. If my insert was 30% efficient, as stated as fact in their forum, believe me, Id still be writing checks to the oil guy! The way I see it, burning wood is like a religion. Im the only one that lives between my 2 ears. Its not my job to convince YOU that my way is right, and its not YOUR job to convince me that your way is right. I prefer to MYOB.......and get in my truck and take home that oak that the non-believer just put out by the curb! ;-P WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! More for us!!!!!

Point the guy to hearth.com Rockey. I ain't signing up over there just to do that.

wood-fan-atic said:
I concur. There is ALOT of mis-information going on there. You have to remember - we run on wood ALL DAY- EVERY DAY and enjoy it. Its in our blood, and we couldnt imagine NOT doing it.....so I guess be are biased toward burning. It seems to me that alot of the people posting in that forum were just the opposite - its not in their DNA - they dont LOVE it like we do - therefore, they are biased against it. If my insert was 30% efficient, as stated as fact in their forum, believe me, Id still be writing checks to the oil guy! The way I see it, burning wood is like a religion. Im the only one that lives between my 2 ears. Its not my job to convince YOU that my way is right, and its not YOUR job to convince me that your way is right. I prefer to MYOB.......and get in my truck and take home that oak that the non-believer just put out by the curb! ;-P WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! More for us!!!!!

Yeah, I'm not trying to talk anyone into 24 hour burning like I do. I just think that if the guy is going to make an informed decision he should at least do it based on some facts. Thats not to mention alll the other viewers and lurkers on there that will quietly absorb all the misinformation posted.

BrotherBart said:
I ain't signing up over there just to do that.

I dont blame you. One more stupid password to try and remember. Or are all your the same? Pook#1=methinks

I dunno Rockey. Wood is a lot of work and if you don't do it and do it right you are probably better off with an efficient furnace.

SolarAndWood said:
I dunno Rockey. Wood is a lot of work and if you don't do it and do it right you are probably better off with an efficient furnace.

Maybe they'll pop in since somebody pointed them to this exact thread rather than the hearth forum.

uninformed wussies that are talking out their... I'm ok with people thinking I'm stupid, crazy, etc for doing what I do. I just smile every time I see or hear a fuel truck go by. Besides, if everyone burned wood, I would spend a lot more than a hundred bucks to heat my house every year.

I have pointed him this direction if he so chooses to do so.

Clean up your act, we may have visitors on the way.

Actually he has a tough decision on his hands. I can't fault someone if they don't want to commit to the work it takes to put wood up. Firewood is not free unless someone loads your stove for you out of the load they delivered to you at no cost. If you have to pay, unless you are committed to supporting your local economy, then you might as well buy gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.