Permanent Magnehelic Connection Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LI-Mini-Owner

Nov 22, 2007
Long Island, NY
I bought a used Magnehelic this year. My stove has a small hole in the front that I can take a reading at. I've used it few times, then put if back on the shelf. I was wondering if anyone has ever made a permanent connection with the their Magnehelic? I was thinking that if it was always attached I'd be able to spot the early signs of dirty passages or fan blades etc by noting differences in vacuum for given reference stove conditions.

It would be easy to attach a "T" fitting to the vacuum switch, and route a small piece of hose outside the cabinet to the Magnehelic.

Carl

I thought about drilling and taping a hole in the rear and threading in a small Clippard 1/8 tubing connector. I think its 10-32 thread. But my stove is still under warranty so, Not just yet anyway.

I suppose a auto type vacuum tee would do the trick as well. No voided warranty anyway! If you try it let me know, I might do it as well. Just another tool I have to go get when I get tinkering on the stove.

I wonder how long the hose can be?

Great minds think alike! I have a Magnahelic at work and thought of installing it but the thing is so dam huge. IF I were to hook it up, I would "T" into the vacuum switch hose and route the hose out the back of the stove and mount the Magnehelic on the back where it couldn't be seen....Oh jeez, now that I wrote this, I have to do it....I'll send pictures when it's done...(sigh)

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.