Perrine Vacumm Fireplace Co.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chardy

Jan 8, 2007
I have a home in Oregon built 1920 that has a very unusual fireplace with a brass plate imbedded in the firebox that says "Perrine Vacumm Fireplace Co." St. Johns, Oregon Pat'd 1912. This fireplace has a very small firebox and draws back like a big tongue into the flue. Unfortunately when we bought the house 19 yrs ago, we screwed it up by having a mason come in and install a damper where there was none before. This changed the architecture of this patented design and the fireplace smoked ever since. We have gotten by with building up the height of the box but what I want to do is restore it. I want to get the damper out of there but will need a drawing or a picture so that the fireplace can be restored to its original design. Can anyone be of assistance. Thank you.

I would start with the Historical Preservation League of Oregon (email: [email protected]) in Portland, to see if they have any information on that company in their archives, or they can point you to the right direction.

They have a FAQ on their web site: http://www.hplo.org/helpfulinfo/faq.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.