Personal Protection Equipment.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistonslap

Burning Hunk
Oct 7, 2006
southwestern Pa.
Everybody always talks about hardhats, safety glasses, chaps and steel toed shoes as PPE. My best buy ever in PPE are those cheap $5 welding gloves from Harbor Freight. I haven't burnt myself once since I bought them, no matter how many beers I drink. Nice to be able to reach back in the firebox and stack rather than just toss it in.

pistonslap said:
Everybody always talks about hardhats, safety glasses, chaps and steel toed shoes as PPE. My best buy ever in PPE are those cheap $5 welding gloves from Harbor Freight. I haven't burnt myself once since I bought them, no matter how many beers I drink. Nice to be able to reach back in the firebox and stack rather than just toss it in.

Many years ago my stove came with them and they have always been my 1st line of defense... Regular welding gloves are the same as woodstove gloves and are usually cheaper than the "specialty" woodstove gloves.. Around the woodpile even when stacking safety glasses can prevent eye injuries from debris flying.. Never was a big believer in safety equipment until I injured my eyes several times... My dad who is 78 never had any of that safety stuff back then and is half deaf as a result.. OSHA has its good points..

Ray

Ditto on the Harbor Freight welding gloves for $5 - super. And they are a pleasant caramel brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.