Pex connection methods and tools

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushroom Man said:
CAVEAT: This comes from a guy who believes the banking system is the biggest ponzi-scheme ever.
how about or government? ( oh yeah, they write the laws for the banks)

Mushroom Man said:
3. I have absolutely no confidence in "the proper fittings" since they contain neoprene O-rings which will eventually fail (and maybe that is why Pex-al pex and its associated fittings manufactureres have lost favour with the buying public).

Tim,

I have not heard of any problems with the neoprene O-rings used on fittings for Pex-Al-Pex. I know here was a problem with corrosion on Kitec brass fittings that used substandard materials that caused major problems. Can you point me to any information that identifies any problems with the neoprene O-rings?

Don:

I have not heard of any failures of the specific neoprene rings that we are talking about.

My remark (#3 in my previous posting) was intended to be a more general remark on O-rings. I have replaced many of them on many types of equipment. O-rings in general are a replacement part (potential failure point) in many applications. Sorry if I caused you any concern.

I was mostly responding to an earlier remark about risking the boiler to an inappropriate fitting. My contention is that it is no riskier than the Kitec fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.