1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pex connection methods and tools

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Mushroom Man, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rowerwet

rowerwet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    how about or government? ( oh yeah, they write the laws for the banks)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Donl

Donl Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ontario

Tim,

I have not heard of any problems with the neoprene O-rings used on fittings for Pex-Al-Pex. I know here was a problem with corrosion on Kitec brass fittings that used substandard materials that caused major problems. Can you point me to any information that identifies any problems with the neoprene O-rings?
  3. Mushroom Man

Mushroom Man Member

Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    Don:

I have not heard of any failures of the specific neoprene rings that we are talking about.

My remark (#3 in my previous posting) was intended to be a more general remark on O-rings. I have replaced many of them on many types of equipment. O-rings in general are a replacement part (potential failure point) in many applications. Sorry if I caused you any concern.

I was mostly responding to an earlier remark about risking the boiler to an inappropriate fitting. My contention is that it is no riskier than the Kitec fittings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.