Pex sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forestrymike

Apr 2, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I've just put my downpayment on an EKO 25, finally! I'm planning on building a 12'x16' shed beside my attached garage to house the boiler and wood. From there, to the garage, and then into my mechanical room (i'm on a slab) is about an 80' run. Would I be able to run a 1" supply and return to the boiler, or should I up it to 1 1/4"? Also, if I insulate my shed, would the boiler itself be able to keep it above freezing? I plan on installing a cast iron radiator beside the boiler for over heat protection, but should I also have one to heat the shed? Thanks for all the help guys!

MA

I figure 1" pipe to be good for 80,000 btu
1 1/4" pipe 140,000 btu

Can't answer the question about the shed, but my gues would be that you would not need additional heat

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.